PLEASE NO AGENCY RESUMES OR CONTACT.
Polaris Industries is an OEM global powersports leader in on/off-road vehicles, motorcycles and snowmobiles. Globally 10,000 employees, with 6,000 in Minn., MN. Discover the existing portfolio of Polaris off-road from trails, deserts and dunes, to rock-crawling and mudding. Polaris takes innovation on-the-road with a legendary motorcycle brand, a radical 3-wheel roadster, and electric vehicle for personal transport and a personal quadricycle for international markets. www.polaris.com
TITLE: (SR) SOFTWARE ENGINEER, UI (Global OEM PowerSports Infotainment)
LOCATION: Sunnyvale, CA. (Northern California) Novi, Michigan, or Minn., MN.
WORK STATUS: FT-Regular, Benefited
We are looking for an experienced and passionate Software Engineers to develop User Interfaces for our embedded Linux-based systems. This is an exciting role on the Ride Command team providing Infotainment and Connected Rider solutions. You will have the opportunity to directly impact product and new technology initiatives at Polaris. The ideal candidate possesses strong coding, problem solving, and communication skills, and is effective in a fast-paced Agile Development environment. Interest in Powersports is a plus, as there are many opportunities to ride!
- Design and implement flexible, reusable UI software modules for embedded automotive/powersports platforms.
- Work closely with UI/UX designers to validate and realize concepts.
- Provide technical guidance on feasibility and offer innovative solutions.
- Deploy software on embedded targets and participate in integration and debugging sessions with team.
- Coordinate and align with local and remote engineering and design teams to ensure project timelines are met.
- Participate in an iterative design/development process to produce amazing team results.
- Produce high quality code. While we have QA and validation teams, we expect developers to write unit tests and contribute to test automation frameworks.
- Contribute to technical solutions from design through code, test, peer review, and documentation.
- Participate in peer reviews and provide feedback on architecture and code.
- Have a customer-focused mindset for delivering a product that is centered around a great customer experience.
- Be an active participant in and help enhance an agile development environment.
- Take necessary measures to ensure cross-pollination of feature architecture and development.
- Mentor junior engineers to grow teams skillset.
- Constantly look for ways to increase the teams velocity/productivity by eliminating waste.
- Target zero surprises; proactively react to the surprises.
- Help build and maintain high team morale.
QUALIFICATIONS: (At least 3 years experience)
- Bachelors / Masters degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering or related field.
- Proven experience in design and implementation of UI (user interfaces) using Qt / C++ and QML in an embedded platform and/or a mobile device environment. (Coding in Embedded C++ is not a requirement, working in an embedded environment is advantageous)
- Solid knowledge and hands-on project experience in software projects using Linux.
- Excellent knowledge on Compilers & Debuggers for ARM-based development.
- Excellent software design and coding skills, and a working knowledge of software quality principles, including unit testing and code coverage analysis.
- Experience in agile collaboration models (e.g. Kanban/Scrum) and demonstrated ability to effectively setup and steer distributed developments including necessary integration and release steps.
- A passion and dedication for developing great user experience on modern user interfaces with an emphasis on real-world usability.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
ADVANTAGEOUS FOR CONSIDERATION:
- Previous experience in User Interface development for automotive infotainment applications.
- Experience with Qt Automotive.
- Knowledge on third party component integration like CAN stack, WiFi/Bluetooth, Navigation, or Network Management.
- Experience developing embedded applications on Linux.
- Experience with mobile frameworks including iOS/Android.
- Desire to build the most intuitive and best performing User Interfaces
- A passion for powersports and the great outdoors
APPLY TO: Linda Anderson - Linda.Anderson(at)Polaris(dot)com. Please do not apply with an Indeed.com email address. Resume must include: Full Name, Resident: City, State, Zip, Telephone Number and Email address. We will respond within 8 business hours.
Polaris is an Equal Opportunity Employer and will make all employment-related decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, marital status, familial status, status with regard to public assistance, membership or activity in a local commission, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable law
Job Type: Full-time
- UI: 3 years (Required)
- C++: 3 years (Required)
- Qt: 3 years (Required)
- QML: 3 years (Required)