Bringing Home Your Work Never Tasted So Good!
Herr Foods Inc. is a privately owned salty snack food manufacturer and distributor based in Nottingham, PA and we think our 1500+ employees are pretty spectacular! We are committed to making our Herrs family business an enjoyable and profitable place to work. This role has the primary responsibility to receive, store, rotate and distribute material, tools, equipment, and products within establishments by performing the following duties.
Hours: A general work week will be Monday to Friday from 11:00pm to 7:00am; additional hours may be required due to business demands.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Stacking cases on the lines, setting up track on trailers, picking orders, stacking boxes and removing cardboard from trailers.
- Forklift operation.
- Move pallets with both electric and manual pallet-jacks.
- Reads production schedule, customer order, work order, shipping order, or requisition to determine items to be moved, gathered, or distributed.
- Conveys materials and items from receiving or production areas to storage or to other designated areas.
- Sorts and places materials or items on boards, shelves, or in bins according to predetermined sequence such as size, type, style, color, or product code.
- Sorts and places product from the reject line in appropriate locations in the main warehouse.
- Marks materials with identifying information.
- Opens bales, crates, and other containers.
- Accurately record amounts of materials or items received or distributed and code dates.
- Counts items for distribution within plant to ensure conformance to company standards.
- Maintain inventory records.
- Warehouse clean-up.
- Understand that the products we handle are fragile and handles product gently in an effort to eliminate breakage.
- Follow all safety guidelines as described in the safety code of conduct.
- Attend and participate in all safety meetings and be committed to working safety.
- Work with a first class customer service mentality, focusing on safety, a quality operation, accuracy in stocking incoming product and maintaining a safe working environment.
- Responsible for picking and sorting products from production lines and stacking on boards in the warehouse, insuring products are stored with accuracy based on the product numbers and code dates.
- Maintains the cleanliness of the area in which he/she is working, sweeping rows, keeping boards properly stored in racks, keeping rows straight and product picked up in the event of a damaged case.
- Have knowledge of and the ability to operate the track system to maintain track operation, clearing and aligning sensors to keep track operational.
- Is trained in the operation of the kicker stations on the chip and snack lines and understands to properly turn off air to kicking station prior to cleaning jams.
- Less than high school education; or up to one month related experience or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Prior warehouse experience is preferred.
- Must be able to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
- Must possess a current tow motor license or be able to obtain one within 90-days of hire.
- Must be able to read, write, understand and speak English.
- A knowledge of product codes and warehouse procedures is preferred.
- Must possess organizational and leadership abilities in order to make an informed decision as situations change.
- Must pass a job-related math assessment with a score of 70% or better.
- Must possess a stable work history with good references.
- Candidates must pass a pre-placement screen test demonstrating the ability to perform the physical requirements of this position.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee must have vision corrected to 20/30 or better.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly exposed to wet and/or humid conditions; extreme cold and extreme heat. The employee is occasionally exposed to moving mechanical parts; high, precarious places and fumes or airborne particles. The noise level in the work environment is usually loud.
Any questions about this position or any others, please contact the Human Resources department at 610-932-6500 or [email protected]
Herr Foods Inc.is a drug-free workplace and an equal opportunity employer M/F/Veterans/Disabilities