Reporting to the Associate Director of Academic and Student Affairs, the Academic and Student Affairs Coordinator (ASA) provides administrative support to the Academic and Student Affairs Team, covering the following areas: academic and student affairs, graduate admissions, administrative and operations support. The coordinator organizes and supports the various undergraduate and graduate student activities and academic functions, while supporting BS and MS academic and student affairs tasks. This position will assist with the graduate admissions process of the Department.
Academic and student affairs ( 65%) :
1. Support student on-boarding activities including admissions yield, orientation, and academic advising
2. Host open office hours to assist students with academic and student related inquiries; address student inquiries in a timely manner, escalate urgent issues to Associate or Executive Director
3. Maintain student database of advising notes, advisor assignments, and related documentation
4. Process OPT/CPT requests, assist students with maintaining visa status
5. Support graduation clearances of BS, MS and PhD students
6. Assist with the nomination and presentation of graduation awards
7. Serve as Departmental Liaison for University level offices, such as International Students and Scholars Office and Graduate Student Affairs, etc.
8. Distribute academic/student affairs related correspondence to students.
9. Assist with the scheduling of classes, exams, recitations, review sessions, workshops, etc.
10. Monitor and respond to emails sent to the Departmental email address
11. Support the editing/publishing of Departmental publications (i.e. brochures, newsletters and bulletin, etc.).
12. Assist professors to order textbooks, desk copies, and update online resources with such orders.
13. Monitor Departmental material on CourseHero (or other study aid websites) inform the team of new material to be taken down.
Administrative and Operations Support (20%) :
1. Monitor front desk reception area to timely direct student and visitor traffic
2. Assist with various Departmental large scale events
3. Web/technology support (i.e. maintain the student database, website and School related systems, such as Vergil, Canvas, SSOL and reporting functions)
Graduate Admissions (10%) :
1. Address prospective student inquiries in a timely manner, escalate urgent issues to Associate Director
2. Support other graduate yield activities to converge to the pre-determined class size
3. Assist nominations and selection of student ambassadors; coordinate various activities to promote programs and yield
Other administrative duties as assigned (5%)
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $45,000.00 to $50,000.00 /year
Columbia University - New York, NY
US Department of Veterans Affairs - Brooklyn, NY
Molloy College - Rockville Centre, NY
The New School - New York, NY
SUNY Maritime College - Bronx, NY