Showmen Supplies is a specialty distributor of lighting and electrical equipment in the entertainment and amusement industries. We are seeking an experienced manager to oversee all aspects of finance and accounting along with administrative functions for the company.
Summary/Objective: The accounting and administrative manager is responsible for managing the accounting, administrative, and purchasing departments. This role also serves as a consultant for managers within the organization, advising them of current budgetary information, and working with managers to create a fiscal strategy that aligns with the goals of the organization. This position is also responsible for carrying out policies relating to administration activities by performing the following duties personally or through subordinate employees.
- Works effectively as a team member with other members of management staff and as part of the companys leadership team, make substantive contributions to the overall growth strategy for the organization.
- Responsible for supervising the accounting procedures of the company and ensuring accuracy of the financial data entered into the accounting systems.
- Hire, train, and develop employees that report directly to this role. Coach, mentor, develop, record, and discipline as needed.
- Audit the work of the accounting department to ensure accuracy of recorded financial data.
- Engage in critical and confidential aspects of accounting.
- Responsible for the development of policies, systems, special financial studies, etc. of major importance.
- Advise management on matters of fiscal procedure and importance for the organization.
- Ensure compliance with the financial procedures of the organization
- Works with confidential data, which, if disclosed, might have significant internal or external effect.
- Manages all activities related to the maintenance of the facilities, office equipment and systems.
- Establishes purchasing policies and ensure compliance.
- Establishes account/credit and terms.
- Negotiates blanket purchase orders when appropriate and monitors cost during the time period.
- Recommend and implement continuous improvements throughout the accounting and administrative functions.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Financial Management
- Ethical Conduct
- Organizational Skills
- Teamwork Orientation
- Technical Capacity
- Performance Management
- Business Acumen
Required Education and Experience
- Bachelor s degree in relevant field or an equivalent number of years of relevant experience
- At least 7 years of accounting or business management experience
Preferred Education and Experience
- Masters degree in business administration or relevant area of study
- CPA designation
The accounting and administrative manager manages all employees of the accounting department, reception, domestic engineering, and purchasing and is responsible for the performance management and hiring of the employees within those departments.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $65,000.00 to $80,000.00 /year
- Accounting: 7 years (Required)
- United States (Preferred)