REPORTS TO: Corporate Director of Accounting
SUPERVISES DIRECTLY: Accounting Assistant
Purpose for the Position: To provide the Owners, General Manager, and other management with accurate, timely, and relevant financial data with which to manage the property.
- Audit and accurately enter all daily revenues, receipts, and ledger balances into daily report.
- Ensure Daily General Ledger and Sub-Ledger postings in timely and accurate manner.
- Maintain controls for all cashier banks and petty cash funds in the hotel according to company policy.
- Prepare all bank deposits, due backs, and back change orders according to RHG policies and procedures.
- Responsible for Hotel Credit Policy and detailed knowledge of hotel receivables.
- Reconcile daily cash deposits and credit card transmissions.
- Maintain responsibility for the billing of Accounts Receivable (AR) daily. Follow up on any accounts within 3 days to ensure customer has received the invoice and does not have any questions. Follow up 30 days after the initial billing if payment has not been received.
- Maintain trace system for AR collection call process per company policy and perform AR balancing function.
- Perform billing and collection efforts, which may include collection calls.
- Resolve all credit card disputes and charge backs in a timely manner.
- Ensure timely resolution of guest phone inquiries, respond quickly to requests in a friendly manner, and follow up to ensure guest satisfaction.
- Monitor and confer with Revenue Departments for potential credit issues.
- Act as a liaison to other hotel departments and assist with Finance Department issues.
- Enter invoices into Accounts Payable system weekly after verifying a purchase order was received from ordering department head and that the General Manager s approval was obtained.
- Maintain files of all contracts, insurance policies, tax reports, expenses, payroll, etc.
- Reconcile Vendor s statements.
- Voucher A&G, PT, and EB invoices utilizing the Purchase Order and Checkbook Accounting procedures according to company policy.
- Monitor and contain all property inventories to ensure proper levels without causing burdens on property cash flows.
- Report to General Manager regarding approaching overtime and department spending according to updated forecast.
- Reconcile taxes monthly.
- Provide Management Company and General Manager with PMS/POS monthly revenue reports and ledger detail reports to use as backup for financial statements.
- Prepare and coordinate month-end reports for the Corporate Accounting Department.
- Timely and accurate processing of payroll.
- Perform regular payroll audits while maintaining and enforcing payroll policies and procedures.
- Assist the Corporate Human Resources Department by overseeing the Human Resources process for the hotel. Ensure all new hire paperwork, benefits, performance appraisals, disciplinary action forms, and other pertinent personnel documents are filed appropriately and maintained in accordance with the company Human Resources practices. Handle associate issues as required.
- Participate in the MOD program.
- Any other duties as assigned by the General Manager.
To do this kind of work, you must be able to:
- Be an incredibly friendly, customer centric, love to smile, and radiate a positive and accommodating attitude while interacting with customers.
- Bachelor s Degree preferred.
- Must have a minimum of 4 years of progressive experience in Hotel Accounting or an Accounting Degree plus 2 years of hotel accounting experience.
- M3 Accounting Core experience a plus.
- Understand and use math concepts.
- Interpret technical information presented in mathematical or diagram form.
- Work math problems quickly and accurately.
- Understand and use computers and related equipment.
- Must be an effective communicator - speak and write clearly to report financial information.
- Be available for work evenings, weekends, and holidays.
Physical Demands: Lifting 10 lbs. maximum and occasionally lifting and/or carrying such articles as dockets, ledgers, and small tools. Walking and standing are required only occasionally. Reaching, handling, feeling, talking, hearing, and seeing.
Environmental Conditions: Inside: Protection from weather conditions but not necessarily from temperature changes. A job is considered inside if the worker spends approximately 75% or more of the time inside.
Math Skills: Requires mathematical development sufficient to be able to: Apply mathematical operations to frequency distributions, reliability and validity tests, normal curve of variance, correlation techniques, etc.
Language Skills: Must have developed language skills to the point to be able to: Read newspapers, periodicals, journals, and manuals. Write business letters, summaries and reports using prescribed format and conforming to all rules of punctuation, grammar, diction and style. Participate in discussions and debates. Speak extemporaneously on a variety of subjects.
Relationships to Data, People and Things:
Data: Coordinating: Determining time, place, and sequence of operations or action to be taken on the basis of analysis of data; executing determination and/or reporting on events.
People: Speaking-Signaling: Talking with and/or signaling people to convey or exchange information, including giving assignments and or directions to helpers or assistants.
Things: Handling: Using body members, hand tools, and/or special devices to work, move, or carry objects or materials. Involves little or no latitude for judgment with regard to attainment of standards or in selecting appropriate tool, object or material.