Caterpillar – West Fargo, ND
This Accounting Manager role provides financial leadership to the West Fargo Remanufacturing legal entity team and business. Fargo operates largely as an independent business, serving as a supplier to Cat Inc and a few external customers. The accounting manager responsibility includes the full financial spectrum including invoicing, collections, payables, cash management, taxes as well as traditional business support for related commercial and operational decisions. The role is critical to statutory reporting and internal control compliance. This position also provides oversight and leadership to the annual Economic Return Study and is a back up to the Business Manager as well as the ABP/RBM/Results analysis function.
Job Duties/Responsibilities may include, but are not limited to:
- Provide first level of management for small team of salaried and management staff at a focused facility that is a wholly owned subsidiary.
- Responsibilities are usually confined within specific functional area and closely monitored by an area manager.
- Frequently interact and work outside the workgroup to achieve assigned goals.
- Manage people: work with financial systems, interpret and adhere to CAT accounting practices and
procedures, and supervise a workgroup of several individuals who generally perform routine and repetitive basic accounting functions.
- Manage a small team and their related workload involved, prioritize projects, assign and review work, and control the daily operating environment.
- Evaluate and report on staff performance, participate in employee selection, provide career guidance and training direction, comply with personnel practices, and promote team rewards and successes.
- Provide technical guidance and expertise to current staff.
- Manage Expectations: Communicate effectively within the team and with internal and external customers and data providers.
- Understand and manage customer requirements and expectations.
- Serve as liaison between customer, team and data providers.
- Identify and communicate goals and objectives of team.
- Provide services, make recommendations and manage costs.
- Perform Individual Staff Work: Lead initiatives outside team to represent the group (i.e. document processes, make presentations).
- Demonstrate a general knowledge of Caterpillars businesses, products, suppliers and customers.
- Bachelor s level degree in Accounting; Non-Accounting degree requires 18 hours of core accounting courses or approved certification (CPA/CMA)
- 3-5 years of accounting experience
- Professional Certification (Certified Public Accountant (CPA), Certified Management Accountant (CMA) or equivalent)
- Proven record of strong initiative, leadership, accountability, and effective communication skills
Caterpillar is not currently hiring individuals for this position who now or in the future require sponsorship for employment visa status; however, as a global company, Caterpillar offers many job opportunities outside of the U.S. which can be found through our employment website at www.caterpillar.com/careers