Hutchinson Creek Capital is a real estate investment company that focuses on residential construction and rehabs for resale and rental investments. We are a fast-growing company, expanding into many different areas throughout the Hudson Valley area, Westchester County and Tri-State New York.
We are seeking an experienced Administrative Assistant to support the Accounting Department in various projects and assignments.
Work directly with Accounting / Administrative Manager, administering Payroll and other Accounting and Administrative functions.
- Process multi-state weekly payroll, for both hourly and salaried employees, using Paychex time and attendance.
- Review payroll timecards for accuracy and that policies/procedures are being followed.
- Review wage computation and other information to detect and reconcile payroll discrepancies.
- Maintain employee records in database and update any employment and status change data.
- Coordinate with federal, state and other agencies on issues pertaining to tax withholding accounts, unemployment insurance, child support, garnishments and any other state mandates.
- Calculate and monitor PTO accruals.
- Process time card and labor reports on a weekly basis for company departments
- Process updates to employee master payroll file such as tax exemptions, bank account information and deductions for accurate payroll processing in a timely manner and assume responsibility for Wage Garnishment Enforcement.
- Reconcile benefit statements and submit monthly invoices to Accounting to ensure that payments to vendors are completed.
- Assist with monthly closing procedures.
- Maintain statistical reports for managements? use in financial decisions.
- Preparation of General Ledger, Profit & Loss Reports, Balance Sheets.
- Ability to prepare accurate financial statements including P&L, balance, and cash flow analysis.
- Year End closing and ability to interface with accountant, providing all necessary reports and documentation to complete tax returns
- Prepare all accounts payable checks for mailing.
- Perform accounting and clerical functions such as disbursements, expense vouchers and receipts.
- Examine all received invoices for accuracy, verify invoices against purchase orders and resolve discrepancies.
- Present all invoices for payment, answer questions and resolve open issue.
- Assist in answering all internal and external inquiries to accounts payable and receivable.
- A/P, document matching, price verification, correspondence with vendors.
- Maintaining & creating inventory items in QuickBooks.
- Perform office functions as needed including, filing, setting up calendar appointments, answering phones, relaying messages, and managing bulletins.
- Accurate and timely transcription of weekly meeting minutes to all departments
- Company Paid Health Insurance after 30 days
- Voluntary Dental, Vision & Life Insurance after 30 days
- Voluntary 401K after 90 days
- 10 Paid Holidays
Compensation based on Experience
Background Check Required
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognizes the value of a diverse workforce. All qualified individuals will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability and/or protected veteran status in accordance with governing laws.
- Self-starter with a professional demeanor
- Ability to work in fast paced, dynamic environment
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to multi task
- Advanced Microsoft office (Excel, Word, Outlook, etc) and QuickBooks skills
- 2 years of payroll processing and financial transactions experience
- Familiar with Paychex time and attendance solutions preferred
- 2 years minimum accounting experience
- Knowledge of general accounting principles and bookkeeping procedures
- Ability to pass basic accounting assessment as part of the interview process
- Accurate bookkeeping and accounting (advanced)
- Working with Supervisors from other depts coordinating related issues