At GenMark, were changing the diagnostics landscape, combining out-of-the-box thinkers and game-changing technology to revolutionize patient care. Our work atmosphere is dynamic, fast-paced, and patient-focused. We encourage teamwork, while reinforcing the importance of individuality, and encouraging an entrepreneurial spirit.
The Accounts Payable Specialist position requires an individual with the willingness and ability to work in a fast paced work environment while maintaining a high level of accuracy and attention to detail. The ideal individual must be responsible, dedicated, and able to provide a high level of customer service both internally to our fellow team members, as well as to our suppliers. This position will report to the Assistant Controller.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Process vendor invoices in a timely manner, including obtaining proper approval, matching, coding and entry into QAD
- Research, reconcile, and resolve invoice issues (pricing, quantities, product, policy non-compliance, etc)
- Investigate and resolve problems associated with processing of invoices and purchase orders
- Review and reconcile vendor statements received
- Execute cash disbursements for payments in accordance with policies and procedures
- Provide customer service and support to internal departments and vendors with respect to various accounts payable inquiries
- Maintain financial information, files and records (i.e. copies of paid invoices, checks, approval documentation, etc.) for the purpose of ensuring the availability of documentation and compliance with established policies
- Assist with special projects and perform additional duties as requested
- Assist with internal and external auditor inquires as requested
- Complete month-end and year-end close processes as requested
- Serve as Concur Travel and Expense administrator and subject matter expert and run Concur reports as requested by other team members/department
- Review employee expense reports for compliance with company travel and expense policy
Position Requirements Qualifications and Experience
Education and Experience:
- BA or BS in Accounting preferred
- Two plus (2+) years of relevant accounting experience with a general understanding of Accounts Payable processes or transactional principles concepts
- Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, percentages, and volume
- Ability to apply concepts of basic math and basic algebra
- Exposure to automated accounting software packages is a must; knowledge of QAD Mfg-Pro ERP platform would be highly desirable as is relevant experience in the life sciences or another regulated industry
- Must be a hands-on, self-directed, organized and conscientious individual
- Complete work in a timely, accurate and thorough manner and is conscientious about assignments
- Must be able to think and work both tactically and strategically to provide financial and operational needs to GenMarks business
- Ability to read, write and analyze complex documents
- Ability to respond effectively to sensitive inquiries, customer inquiries or complaints as well as communicate effectively both orally and in writing with management, peers and individuals
- Ability to work effectively, exhibit a professional manner and establish constructive working relationships
- Proficient with Microsoft Office applications, with strong Excel skills
- Strong problem-solving, judgment and decision making skills are required
The essential functions of the job are usually performed in an environmentally controlled facility where the noise level in the work environment is usually moderate. This position may involve a combination of office and biotechnology laboratory environments. The employee may be exposed to hazardous chemicals, blood borne pathogens and automated equipment.
While performing the job duties, the employee is regularly required to sit; reach with hands and arms and talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to stand and walk. The employee may sometimes be required to lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision and ability to adjust focus.
The work environment and physical demands described are representative of those required by an employee to perform the essential functions of this job with or without reasonable accommodations.
We are interested in every qualified candidate, who is eligible to work in the United States. However, we are not able to sponsor visas at this time.