Responsible for the prompt payment of vendors and the maintenance of accurate and timely records of expenditures; prepares and maintains all supporting documents and distributes reports as directed.
The Accounts Payable Specialist reports to the Accounts Payable Manager; must develop strong working relationships with direct reports, key stakeholders, vendors, investors, co-workers, and customers.
- Receive mail from Mail Room Clerk and stamp invoices with date received.
- Export activity/Print invoices that are available online and via e-mail (AP email account).
- Update and print Invoice Approval Form for every invoice received.
- Review and enter invoices (create v-lookups/uploads where necessary).
- Sort invoices by department and distribute to individuals who are responsible for approving invoices.
- Make sure all invoices return to AP with appropriate approvals.
- Process any urgent or same day check requests.
- Collect, verify and post expense reports for employees by Friday week before payday. Provide numbers to HR by Monday of payday week.
- Research status of invoice payment and respond to vendor inquiries via e-mail, phone, or fax.
- Incumbent will be responsible for meeting RoundPoint s commitment to compliance
- Initiate check run every Thursday for all entities.
- Have controller review and sign all checks.
- Have CFO review and sign checks above $25,000.
- Make copies and mail out checks.
- Coordinate with Imaging Department to have all the copies of checks and back-up scanned weekly
- Ad hoc projects & reports as needed
Month End Closing Responsibilities
- Follow-up the week before month end for invoices not yet received.
- Post all invoices/bills by the last business day of every month. Inbox must be clean in order to close AP by end of day (5pm).
Year End Responsibilities
- Provide support for any audit requests.
Non-essential Job Functions
- Cross-train with accounts receivable and/or other accounting functions in order to help during busy times and/or to cover during absences
- Assist with annual audit preparations
- Occasional lifting of supplies and materials from time to time
- Perform other related duties as required
- Minimum 3+ years of Accounts Payable experience
- Four-year college degree
- Experience with Microsoft Dynamics GP (Great Plains) or similar platform
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Able to work independently with minimal supervision
- Excellent organizational and time management skills
- Strong technical aptitude for learning new software and systems
- Mortgage or Mortgage Servicing experience
- Experience with MSP
- Experience with Hyperion Essbase
RoundPoint s Employee Value Proposition
A team where quality is required, hard work is rewarded, and wins happen.
Our mission is to serve our homeowners and all of their homeownership needs. We do this by embracing challenges, executing with excellence, and fostering a positive work culture that encourages personal and professional growth. We are on the fast track to becoming the premier marketplace for all things home, and the National Mortgage News and Best Companies Group just named us one of 2019 s Best Mortgage Companies to Work For! Without a doubt, RoundPointers are what make this company a great place to work! That s why we hire individuals who share our core values: Energy, Ethics, Execution, Everyone, and Earn it!
As a RoundPointer, we will empower you to innovate, provide meaningful solutions, set goals and crush them, play hard, and give back to the community! Our secret sauce is our mantra, All In. All Win. Together, we can achieve great things!
Physical Demands & Working Conditions
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job:
- The employee is required to sit for extended periods of time and is occasionally required to stand and walk.
- The employee must regularly use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects and is regularly required to reach with hands and arms; the employee may occasionally climb or balance, and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl.
- The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, and ability to adjust focus.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually quiet to moderate, and no extreme conditions are present.