Weitsman Recycling LLC, a division of Weitsman Family of Companies, the East Coast s largest privately held scrap metal processor, is currently looking for an Accounts Receivable Manager at our location in Owego, NY.
The ideal candidate must be self-motivated and proactive. Given the companys fast paced environment and desire for growth, the candidate must be aggressive, methodical and organized.
Weitsman Family of Companies is an employee-oriented company that offers a competitive benefit package including Medical, Dental, Vision, 401K and Employer Paid Life Insurance. We also offer paid time off which includes 2 weeks Vacation earned within the first year of employment and 6 observed Holidays.
- Ensuring accuracy and efficiency of operations, processing and monitoring incoming payments, and securing revenue by verifying and posting receipts.
- Processing accounting receivables and incoming payments in compliance with financial policies and procedures.
- Performing day to day financial transactions, including verifying, classifying, computing, posting and recording accounts receivables data.
- Preparing bills receivable, invoices and bank deposits.
- Process accounts and incoming payments in compliance with financial policies and procedures.
- Perform day to day financial transactions, including verifying, classifying, computing, posting and recording accounts receivables data.
- Prepare bills, invoices and bank deposits.
- Reconcile the accounts receivable ledger to ensure that all payments are accounted for and properly posted.
- Verify discrepancies by and resolve clients billing issues.
- Facilitate payment of invoices due by sending bill reminders and contacting clients.
- Generate financial statements and reports detailing accounts receivable status.
- Assists with monthly, quarterly, and year end closings and audits.
- Assists corporate financial officers where necessary, and as requested.
- Bachelors degree in Accounting or related degree.
- Proven working experience as an Accounts Receivable Manager or related experience.
- Solid understanding of basic accounting principles, fair credit practices and collection regulations.
- Proven ability to calculate, post and manage accounting figures and financial records
- Data entry skills along with a knack for numbers.
- Hands-on experience in operating spreadsheets and accounting software.
- Proficiency in MS Office.
- Customer service orientation.
- High degree of accuracy and attention to detail.
Benefit Package Includes:
- Medical, Dental, & Vision
- 401 K
- Employer Paid Life Insurance
- Paid Holidays (6)
- Paid Vacation
If you are interested in this opportunity please forward your resume to this Indeed job posting or apply in person at 15 W. Main Street, Owego, NY 13827.
Weitsman Family of Companies LLC is an equal opportunity employer.
Weitsman Family of Companies LLC would like to thank all applicants, however only those who qualify for the position will be contacted.
Job Type: Full-time
- Accounts Receivable: 3 years (Preferred)