Accounts Receivable Specialist
Meridian Medical Management and Origin – Seattle, WA
The Accounts Receivable Specialist is responsible for working patient accounts with outstanding insurance balances. This requires research, follow-up and billing activities. An Accounts Receivable Specialist would need to act as resource to all departments that may have questions related to their assigned payor. This position also assists patients, physician office staff and insurance companies with questions generated from working accounts and/or correspondence.
- Review accounts billed to commercial payors for claim or line item denials and determine next steps.
- Identify and resolve payor trends associated with claim denials or payment delays, and escalate as needed to supervisor.
- Research and reconcile problems concerning payments and charges.
- Respond punctually to patient and insurance requests and inquiries.
- Work Insurance Follow Up work lists and other reports as assigned in a timely fashion.
- Any miscellaneous duties or projects necessary to deliver quality patient care or meet Polyclinic service goals.
- Ensures billing compliance with state and federal laws and regulations.
- Maintain confidentiality of all patient demographics, medical and financial information at all times.
- Knowledge of commercial insurance companies and their billing practices and procedures.
- Strong problem-solving skills and ability to make sound decisions.
- Understanding of CPT and diagnosis codes.
- Computer and ten-key skills.
- Attention to detail.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships as required by the duties of the position.
- Strong communication and customer service skills, both oral and written.
- Minimum two-year patient accounting and/or billing experience in a healthcare setting,
- Combination of experience and education that would demonstrate the capability to perform the duties of the position.
- Experience working with OneHealthPort, Provider One and/or other online payor portals preferred.
From: Meridian Medical Management and Origin