Administrative Assistant 3
Northwestern University – Chicago, IL
The Administrative Assistant 3 supports the Marketing & Communications department across a broad range of operational responsibilities, including calendar management, photography coordination, event support, building brand awareness, financial processing, etc., that enable the department to function smoothly. This person must possess strong communication and organization skills, and a positive, flexible attitude.
- Serve as first point of contact for the department, answer incoming calls and manage general department email account.
- Organize meetings and coordinate travel logistics.
- Monitor and maintain marketing and communications webpage.
- Maintain office supply inventory and order items as needed. Sort and distribute department incoming/outgoing mail.
- Stay abreast of industry developments to maintain the professional competence, knowledge, and skills necessary for the satisfactory performance of all assigned responsibilities. Attend trainings as needed.
- Create and maintain databases used to distribute marketing materials.
- Coordinate mass mailings and internal and external deliveries, including large print and merchandise orders.
- Monitor media mentions; enter news items into the law school database for inclusion in the daily newsletter.
- Provide event assistance, collaborating with school departments and student groups on signage, brochures, save the dates, flyers, invitations, etc.
- Ensure proper logo usage on all promotional and marketing materials; build and reinforce brand awareness.
- Schedule photographers for law school events and faculty headshots. Maintain photo/multimedia release documentation and files. Review and catalogue photos for use by the Marketing department and other school departments
- Facilitate the creation and updating of faculty web profiles. Assist faculty and/or staff in using the law school faculty profile management system.
- Maintain supply of signage, business papers, and collateral. Coordinate with departments and vendors to budget, source, and order custom items.
- Process expense reports, vouchers, requisitions, and other financial transactions.
- Verify appropriateness and accuracy of charges. Troubleshoot issues and reconcile transactions.
- Create and maintain financial tracking systems. Generate financial reports as requested.
- Assist in balancing accounts and preparing annual budget.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- A high school diploma or equivalent required.
- 4 years of administrative support or other relevant experience required.
Minimum Competencies: (Skills, knowledge, and abilities.)
- Intermediate knowledge of word processing, spreadsheet, email, and database software programs is required.
- A Bachelors degree or the equivalent combination of education, experience, and training from which comparable skills can be acquired.
- Previous experience working in a marketing or sales environment, or interest in marketing/communications.
- 4 years demonstrated administrative experience.
Preferred Competencies: (Skills, knowledge, and abilities)
- Extremely organized and self-directed, with attention to detail.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills (written and verbal).
- Assertive yet diplomatic, customer-service focused, and flexible in order to meet deadlines.
- Strong computer skills; proficiency with Microsoft Office (PowerPoint, Word, Excel).