Positions in this class are generally assigned to Dean level positions, and incumbents perform varied and complex administrative assistant and clerical tasks within a framework of standard policies and procedures with minimal oversight. [For a detailed job description for this Los Rios Classified Employees Association (White Collar) posting Job Descriptions click here].
This position is assigned to Elk Grove Center, 10051 Big Horn Boulevard, Elk Grove, CA 95757 AND Cosumnes River College Main Campus 8401 Center Parkway, Sacramento, CA 95823.
Los Rios Community College District offers competitive salaries and a very comprehensive employee benefits package to include medical insurance, CalPERS retirement, and opportunities for additional insurance and financial investments.
Full-time, twelve-month employees receive 17 days of annual paid holidays, 15 days vacation yearly (with increases after 5 & 10 years) and 8 hours of sick leave per month. Los Rios also offers extensive professional development opportunities with the district and financial support and/or paid time off to complete external academic studies. (See full LRCEA contract agreement details).
- Assists administrator with office organization and detail, and recommends operating practices and procedures to create new or to revise existing methods.
- Implements systems to improve internal process in support of changing departmental and District needs, informing affected staff, and providing training as needed.
- Interviews callers.
- Answers inquiries requiring knowledge of college and District resources, activities, services, policies, and procedures and refers inquiries as appropriate.
- Provides information regarding college standards and procedures, and assists in the coordination of services for students, staff, and the public.
- Assists students and staff to resolve problems relating to special programs, student services records, or related complaints, referring to appropriate staff members.
- Coordinates activities with other District offices.
- Schedules meetings, conferences, and appointments.
- Assists with coordinating events.
- Maintains calendars for managers and/or professional staff.
- Makes arrangements for travel, meetings, and conferences, and processes travel claims.
- Prepares materials for presentations and instruction.
- Prepares records and reports for District and/or external agencies.
- Independently prepare correspondence, memoranda, agendas, reports, technical requests, and other materials, including information of a confidential nature.
- Prepares required District and departmental documents including, but not limited to, time sheets, reports, preliminary payroll records, travel forms, purchasing forms, requisitions, and workers compensation claim forms.
- Assists with the monitoring and reconciliation of department and/or office budgets.
- Orders materials, supplies, and services, and resolves issues encountered in the purchasing process to assure timely payment to vendors.
- Maintains accurate records and databases.
- Assists with the preparation of the college catalog for printing.
- Assists in developing and publishing curriculum and committee calendars.
- Prepares and distributes meeting agendas, minutes, correspondence, memoranda, reports, and other correspondence.
- Takes minutes at meetings exercising judgment and discretion in editing and composition.
- Assists in preparing material for published class schedules, catalogs, student guides, newsletters, bulletins, and registration.
- Develops and maintains forms.
- Verifies and calculates full-time equivalency (FTE) and instructional load for faculty.
- Tracks flex obligations for faculty.
- Prepares adjunct faculty assignment paperwork and related documents.
- Assists with coordination of department hiring and orientation processes.
- Processes mail.
- Receives and accounts for fees.
- Operates and maintains office equipment.
- Serves on committees as assigned.
- Have lead responsibility for temporary employees, including interviewing and training.
- Performs related duties as required.
Work Year 12 month
8:00 a.m. 4:30 p.m., Monday Friday
Traveling is required from Elk Grove Center to the main Campus of Cosumes River College.
Total Hrs per Week/Day 40 hours per week
Type 40 nwpm. Typing test/certificate required.
EXPERIENCE: Two years of experience related to the duties of the position.
Promotional: One year of experience with Los Rios CCD performing clerical duties. (Promotional applies to regular, current Classified employees working with the Los Rios CCD.)
EDUCATION: One year of college level business, office technology, or related course work from an accredited institution may be substituted for up to one year of the required experience.
Have an equity-minded focus, responsiveness, and sensitivity to and understanding of the diverse academic, socioeconomic, cultural, disability, gender identity, sexual orientation, and ethnic backgrounds of community college students, including those with physical or learning disabilities as it relates to differences in learning styles; and successfully foster and support an inclusive educational and employment environment.
(Experience Requirement: One year of experience is equal to 12 months of experience at a maximum of 40 hours per week. Applicable part-time experience will be converted to the full-time equivalent for purposes of meeting the experience requirement. Education Requirement: 15 units are equal to six months of education; 30 units are equal to one year of education.)
1. A completed Los Rios Community College District Classified Application (required).
2. A completed Typing Certificate (40 Net Words Per Minute) (required).
- This position has typing requirements that should be reviewed prior to applying to the job posting. To review the typing requirements Typing Requirements click here. Failure to have a typing certificate submitted with the application will automatically disqualify the applicant from consideration for the job posting. The typing certificate must be attached to the application by the final closing date of the job posting.
- IMPORTANT: All typing certificates must show total gross words per minute and the number of errors. Los Rios Community College District calculates Net Words Per Minute by subtracting one point for each error. (Typing certificates that list percentages only will not be accepted). Typing tests taken through an online service/agency WILL NOT be accepted. Typing certificates must be signed and dated from a recognized school or agency.
3. Resume (recommended).
4. Unofficial transcripts of college/university work (required if using education to meet the Minimum Qualifications of this position).
5. Two (2) letters of recommendation (recommended).
6. Letter of Interest (recommended).
- Applications submitted without all required documents, listed above, will be disqualified. Applicants indicating see resume on the online application will be disqualified.
- Graduate advising documents and grade reports will not be accepted as official transcripts.
- It is the responsibility of Los Rios Community College District employees to also provide official transcripts, if required in the minimum qualification for the position. (Within 60 days of the time of hire, employees are required to submit official transcripts, if required in the minimum qualification for the position)
- Individuals who have completed college or university course work at an institution in a country other than the United States must obtain a complete evaluation of foreign transcripts, degrees and other relevant documents.
- A foreign transcript evaluation is required any time foreign course work is used to meet minimum qualifications and/or salary placement even if the foreign transcript has been accepted by a college or university in the United States.
- Foreign transcript evaluations are ONLY accepted from AICE (Association of International Credential Evaluations, Inc.) or NACES (The National Association of Credential Evaluation Services) agencies or evaluators. Foreign Degree Transcript Evaluations click here
Do not submit additional materials that are not requested.
After hours inquiries should be emailed to [email protected] Submission of applications are by 11:59 p.m., of the posting closing date.
Salary $3,530.94 per month LRCCD Salary Schedules
Additional Salary Information No additional salary information to note