Bernalillo County Government – New Mexico
Under general supervision perform administrative and business-related duties in support of a department; draft correspondence and write reports; assign work and train entry-level clerical staff.
Major Duties and Responsibilities
- Respond to requests for department-related information from the public or other County departments.
- Maintain records pertaining to daily transactions and business detail of the department such as time records, budget expenditures, preparation of personnel actions, etc.
- Order supplies and equipment.
- Draft responses to correspondence; research and write periodic and special interest reports reflecting the operation and functions of the department.
- Provide typing/word processing assistance for the department; answer telephone, transfer calls and take messages when necessary.
- Attend meetings as a representative of the department as assigned.
- Responsible for maintenance of department files.
- The above information on this job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties and responsibilities required of all employees assigned to this job.
- Associate s degree in business or secretarial administration, plus 2 years office/clerical experience.
- OR a combination of post-secondary education in business administration or a related field and/or office/clerical experience totaling 4 years.
- May be required to demonstrate ability in word processing using correct grammar, spelling, punctuation and format.
- Ability to communicate in oral and written English.
- Knowledge of standard office procedures and practices.
- Ability to operate standard office machines including typewriter, computer, copier, fax machine, calculator and multi-line telephone system.
- Ability to interact effectively and professionally with the public, supervisors, and co-workers.
- Ability to set priorities for self and others.
Screening and Compliance
The offer of this Bernalillo County position requires compliance with the following:
- Employee must successfully complete the post-offer employment medical examination.
- Employee must comply with the safety guidelines of the County.
- All essential duties are performed indoors.
- Duties are performed in a temperature controlled environment.
- Duties are performed on an even surface, which may be carpeted or tile. Working surface is typically dry.
- Worker often works alone both with or without directions from supervisor.
Equipment, Tools and Materials
- Equipment typically used in the performance of office duties include telephone, computer terminal, computer printer, computer keyboard, typewriter, photocopy machine, fax machine and calculator.
- Materials and products handled in the course of performing essential duties include files, forms, reports, various types of paperwork, and a wide variety of basic office supplies.
COUNTY OF BERNALILLO IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
Health Benefits: Medical
Supplemental: Life Insurance
Flexible Spending Account
Long/Short Term Disability
Fringe Benefits: Retirement Plan
Personal Holiday Leave
Employee Assistance Plan
For additional benefit information go to: http://www.bernco.gov/uploads/files/Human%20Resources/BERNCO 2019 BENEFITS BOOKLET FLIPPINGBOOK.pdf