Bringing Home Your Work Never Tasted So Good!
Herr Foods Inc. is a privately-owned salty snack food manufacturer and distributor based in Nottingham, PA and we think our 1500+ employees are pretty spectacular! We are committed to making our Herrs family business an enjoyable and profitable place to work.
We are currently seeking a qualified individual for an Administrative Assistant position to support our Regional sales manager of five New Jersey sales branches. This position will be located at our sales branch in Oakland, NJ. This position works 28 hours/week; Monday through Friday; between the hours of 8:00am-4:00pm according to business needs (with some flexibility).
Herr Foods Inc. offers various part-time benefits including MetLife voluntary benefits, 401k and profit-sharing accounts, as well as competitive pay with room to progress within the company.
This position is responsible to provide administrative support to the DSD sales management team and the sales team members, freeing sales personnel to focus on selling activities and achieving sales objectives.
Primary Job Duties & Responsibilities:
Sales & Administrative Support
- Pulls and compiles sales reports from sales database. Conducts analysis and tracking for incentives, sales initiatives, and sales objectives and communicates results with sales management and sales team members. Creates, reviews and/or makes edits to presentations.
- Create and maintain multiple sales reports, by zone, branch, and district on a weekly, bi-weekly, monthly, quarterly and annual basis.
- Troubleshoots and provide maintenance support to sales team members for computer, handheld and printer needs. Escalates to IT help desk when necessary.
- Undertakes and manages projects to improve administrative processes. Ensures management and sales team members have necessary administrative resources to complete job functions.
- Assists with and/or is main point of contact for verification of end of day paperwork and invoices for sales team members.
- Maintain zone employee list and routinely send appropriate correspondence when necessary.
- Plan zone-wide management meetings and seminars.
- Organize and plan Zone Manager schedule to coordinate with branch activities.
Customer Service (Internal & External)
- Executes top-notch listening skills to build meaningful relationships with customers and corporate functions to understand issues to troubleshoot, resolve or respond within in timely manner. Manages difficult or emotional customer situations, leveraging relationships and knows when to escalate.
- Receives and interprets customer call-in orders; informs customers of new and existing product lines for their accounts; relays to appropriate sales team member.
- Acts as liaison for branch needs with corporate functions. Considers and communicates with management employee feedback when evaluating and recommending improvements to procedures that increase efficiency of department and operations.
- Provides on-going information flow within and between management and sales team members, ensuring they are kept informed of decisions, up-coming events, policies, changes, etc.
- Assists with and/or is main point of contact to collaborate with warehouse manager and acts as initial point of contact for company donation program.
- 1-2 years of administrative experience or a college degree with 0-2 years of experience; or a combination of knowledge, skills and abilities. Administrative experience in a sales support setting preferred.
- Courteous with strong customer service orientation and demonstrated listening skills.
- Self-motivated with demonstrated strong work ethic, the ability to work within tight deadlines, while paying attention to detail and delivering stellar customer service.
- Have extensive knowledge of Microsoft Office including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written required.
- Proven ability at problem solving and enjoys an environment where multi-tasking is a must. Excellent organizational skills
- Effectively works independently and as a member of a team, collaborating with others in a positive, professional manner; open to a different point of view.
- Ability to maintain a high level of confidentiality.
Any questions about this position or any others, please contact the Human Resources department at 610-932-6500 or [email protected]
Herr Foods Inc.is a drug-free workplace and an equal opportunity employer M/F/Veterans/Disabilities