Administrative Secretary I - Administrative Assistant to the School Principal of West Woods Upper Elementary School
Full medical benefits, 13 paid holidays, $30,000 life insurance and long term disability, pension
1. Candidate must have an associates degree and/or formal training in a business program or related field.
2. Candidate must have work experience as an executive assistant, administrative assistant, office manager, or similar experience.
3. Candidate must have demonstrated ability to organize, implement, and coordinate complex, multi-phase projects and tasks.
4. Candidate must have demonstrated strong interpersonal communication skills and public relations skills.
5. Candidate must demonstrate the ability to type using a word processing program at an advanced level (i.e. 60-70 words per minute.)
6. Candidate must demonstrate skills of advanced word processing, desktop publishing, presentation software, spread sheet design and database applications.
7. Candidate must demonstrate proficiency in oral and written communication.
8. Candidate should have a familiarity with budgeting processes
SALARY: $32.40 - $34.40
The Administrative Secretary I directs and coordinates the workflow of the school office. This includes overall office and task management such as scheduling and coordinating appointments and meetings; organizing the calendar and task requirements of the Principal; the secretarial and organizational skills required for the efficient operation of the office; monitoring and responding to report deadlines; and scheduling office work assignments as necessary.
The Administrative Secretary I is also responsible for the processing of sensitive and confidential information; therefore discretion and independence are required.
The Administrative Secretary I must perform the duties with minimal supervision, with ability to schedule assignments, complete tasks, and provide initial responses on behalf of the Principal. It is also essential to apply creative problem solving skills to the full range of responsibilities associated with this position.
STARTING DATE: August 26, 2019
APPLICATION DEADLINE: July 8, 2019
Please apply online at www.fpsct.org.
Human Resource Coordinator
1 Monteith Drive
Farmington, CT 06032
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES OF THE ADMINISTRATIVE SECRETARY I:
1. Administrative Assistance
- Manages the work flow associated with the school office with minimal assistance from the Principal
- Coordinates all office functions associated with the school office
- Solves complex problems in a fast-paced office environment
- Works with confidential and sensitive information in an appropriate manner
- Researches, analyzes and edits data required, completes reports and
assignments, under deadline pressure, with speed and accuracy
- Handles field inquires to ensure legal and data integrity are maintained
- Works in a collaborative style with all constituents associated with the school office
2. Office Support and Coordination
- Types or inputs assignments, at required speed, editing content, where necessary, and composing routine correspondence
- Organizes files and data systems as required for effective office functioning
- Assigns and evaluates the work schedules of one (or more) employees, when required
- Monitors the timesheets of school employees in a timely manner
- Maintains the state/federal reports, as required
- Performs related work, as assigned by the Principal
- Enter requisitions for the school
- Maintain and enter purchase orders for the school
- Monitor encumbrances for the school budget accounts
- Assists Principal with budget process
- Handles Student Activity accounts and petty cash accounts in conjunction with Account Supervisor for Student Activities
- Ensure appropriate documentation is received prior to registering students
- Answer questions from prospective parents/ students regarding registration process
5. Manage/ update the website for the school
6. Other Responsibilities as Necessary and Assigned
It is the policy of the Farmington Board of Education that no person shall be excluded from participation in, denied the benefits of, or otherwise discriminated against under any program, including employment, on the basis of race, color, religious creed, sex, age, national origin, ancestry, marital status, sexual orientation, past/present history of mental disorder, learning disability and/or physical disability. Questions concerning Title IV or Title XI compliance should be directed to: Kim Wynne, 1 Monteith Drive, Farmington, CT 06032 860-673-8270. Questions concerning Section 504 compliance should be directed to: Dr. Laurie Singer, 1 Monteith Drive, Farmington, CT 06032 860-677-1791.