Administrative Service Associate Per Diem
Northwell Health – New York, NY
Performs a variety of clerical, registration, scheduling and reception tasks while promoting a pleasant environment for patients by facilitating flow and assisting patients wherever possible.
- Patient registration, update of patient information, financial screening, explanation of pertinent patient information and corrections to database, when needed, and documents related to care, services and patient rights, obtains appropriate signatures and consents.
- Collects payments, explains service charges and answers related questions.
- Cashiers, prepares daily transactions and balances cash accounts, forwards daily cash collections to and corresponds with hospitals main cashier office. Batches and logs all vouchers for key punch.
- Carries out and maintains documentation of receipts, eligibility and justification of payments pertaining to Medicaid transportation reimbursement program.
- Coordinates taxi and ambulette transportation for homebound patients. Maintains monthly statistics on patient visits.
- Schedules patients and verifies appointments. Strives to maintain continuity of care by appointing with designated primary care physician.
- Coordinates patient discharge process and follows through with referrals. Verifies insurance coverage and obtains insurance utilization authorizations. Provides patient instructions as they relate to discharge and referrals. Prepares patient voucher for billing.
- Assembles and maintains packet of information for newly registered patients. Sets up stations with stamps, charts, calendars and appropriate supplies necessary for service operation at all clerical areas.
- Prepares and completes diagnostic forms/slips upon discharge. Notes next appointments in chart. Signs and dates all entries. Prepares information obtained from next days vouchers/pink slips to pull medical records and ensure patient medical records are available and properly prepared for next day visit. Records check to ensure diagnostic test results are available in chart. Prepares medical record for new patient visits. Communicates with hospital based medical record department and radiology areas to ensure all patient records and diagnostic information was received/faxed.
- High School Diploma or equivalent, required.
- Minimum one (1) year experience, preferred.
- Knowledge of medical terminology, medical record keeping, and ICD/CPT coding, required.
- Knowledge of personal computers, word processing, photocopiers, fax machines and CRT screens, required.
- Strong interpersonal communication and organizational skills, required.