Full Time Administrative Support Associate
Lowe\'s Inc. – Amherst, NH
Purpose of Role: The site administrator performs critical administrative work for associates and provides direct support to the site leadership team. This role is responsible for developing and maintaining schedules and assisting with administrative tasks related to staffing, training, payroll, and a variety of activities to support local site operations. These activities include maintaining all physical documents and records at the location, planning and supporting associate and community events, and distributing work items (e.g. red vests, name tags, devices, tools and equipment). The administrator promotes a productive work environment by ensuring clean and organized common areas such as the training room and break room.
- Supports new associate onboarding by helping with or facilitating new employee orientation, verifying information in HR systems, conducting I-9 verification, drug screen administration, and other administrative tasks involved in the onboarding process
- Supports requests for I-9 recertification and maintains physical documents such as employee health and safety posters, employee documents, garnishment forms, mail, faxes, etc.
- Supports hiring managers and talent acquisition with site specific activities such as securing interview rooms, greeting and escorting candidates, printing materials, etc.
- Supports payroll administrative work including processing termination same-day pay, distributing money network cards to associates for pay, routing garnishments to the HR service center, and managing Equifax forms
- Monitors, tracks, and schedules training and maintenance of appropriate licenses (e.g., cardio pulmonary resuscitation (CPR), Red Vest Ready, SSM Prep, OSHA, power equipment, product knowledge and vendor training)
- Assists people leaders with maintaining various schedule and attendance requirements for the site to include schedule availability and reporting for associates, predictive scheduling, managing scheduling requests, associate availability reports, tracking shift patterns, rest breaks, and data entry into Kronos
- Assists sites with tracking and administration of compliance activities such as employment of minors, first aid and spill kits, and health and safety activities and processes
- Supports people leaders with employee data management administration to include seasonal conversion, transfers, and moves as appropriate
- Supports delivery activities in the stores to include tracking driver and back-up drivers, e-driver maintenance, scheduling, and maintaining DOT files
- Supports a variety of site administrative work to include planning and supporting local community events, creating and distributing name tags, and distributing work related equipment
- As directed, supports store leadership by generating, distributing, and maintaining business related reporting.
- Follows up with store leadership and associates and exception-based activity to improve compliance and execution.
- Assist store leadership in the store clerical, administrative and transactional activities as directed.
- 1 year of experience in a retail environment.
- 2 years of experience in administrative experience such as processing data, scheduling, monitoring and tracking information, and using office software.
- 1 year of experience administering confidential staff information such as personnel files and employment compliance data.
- 1 year of experience in a cross functional team environment with exempt and non-exempt staff.
- Getting Organized The ability to stay organized in one s own work. This includes arranging information in a useful manner, managing his/her own time, and breaking activities into manageable tasks. This also includes the ability to get things done with fewer resources and in less time.
- Attention to Detail The ability to accomplish a duty with concern for all the areas involved, no matter how small. This includes the ability to notice inconsistencies/faults in Store processes (e.g., Delivery, Assembly) in order to ensure the quality of services and products leaving the facility and to prevent further inefficiencies.
- Customer Service Orientation The ability to provide excellent service to external and internal customers. This includes seeking to meet customer needs and demands quickly and effectively, reviewing complaints from internal or external customers, taking action to remedy the complaint, and in general, taking care of the customer.
- Dependability The ability and willingness to take ownership of work activities and ensure that they are completed accurately, efficiently, and in a timely manner. This includes being conscientious, committed, reliable (e.g., adhering to the attendance policy), trustworthy, and accountable for completing work activities.
- Sense of Urgency The ability and willingness to assess and establish priorities. This includes acting quickly to accomplish tasks in a timely manner to meet customer needs and demands, as well as following up on works in progress.
- Record Keeping The ability to maintain accurate and up-to-date electronic and paper records (e.g., personnel files, employee attendance, equipment maintenance, warehouse management) and access these records as necessary. Includes knowledge of policies and procedures for storage and retention of documents and records and ensuring security of valuable or confidential documents.
- Integrity and Ethics The ability and willingness to uphold ethical standards and comply with all relevant laws and company policies and procedures. This includes the ability to protect sensitive customer and employee information, property, and belongings.
- Computer Skills The ability to use computer and web-based systems (e.g., PC based tools, Microsoft applications, Web-based applications, iPhones) to input, access, modify, or output information or to execute programs or analyses. This includes the ability to access and store data, and to quickly enter and retrieve data from computer systems using a keyboard, mouse, and/or trackpad.