EmpRes Healthcare – Seattle, WA
Seattle Medical Post Acute Care is now accepting applications for an Admission Coordinator position. This position is responsible to develop and maintain optimal occupancy levels through internal and external marketing for the skilled nursing center. This is a great 100 bed sub-acute center, located in the heart of Capital Hill. The ideal candidate will be outgoing, well-organized, and have the ability to work with teams both in and outside of the center. Job Summary/Essential FunctionsAdministrative
- Responsible for managing the inquiry process.
- Take inquiry calls (from hospitals, potential residents, families, etc.).
- Provide on-site Center tours.
- Manage the general admissions process.
- Respond to inquiries of relevant Center services, policies, and processes.
- Responsible for the facilitation of pre-admission requirements:
- Follow prior authorization process (written where needed).
- Copy appropriate identification and insurance cards for business office.
- Inform appropriate personnel of the in-coming residents care requirements and other admission specific data.
- Work closely with department managers to facilitate pre-admission needs of the resident and family.
- Maintain and update materials related to programs and services.
- Inquiry packet information.
- Contents of the tour.
- Welcome and admission packets.
- Maintain accurate inquiry/referral information, prepare monthly summary log report, and maintain weekly sales call log and account profile records. Monitor admission conversion, ratios, denials, and non-admits. Submit monthly reports to Regional Vice President (RVP) and Area Director of Business Development.
- Assist in the development of the quarterly sales and marketing plan with the census development team. Set specific measurable goals. Lead the census development team and encourage/motivate Center personnel to participate in an on-going internal/external marketing outreach program.
- Maintain a database of primary, secondary, and outlying referral source groups.
- Monitor and evaluate customer satisfaction.
- Alert appropriate department heads and building staff of projected changes (admissions, bed changes, discharges, etc.) by leading daily admission team meetings to discuss forthcoming changes. Utilize bed management principles. Coordinate admissions decisions.
- Maintain a close working relationship with the Director of Nursing Services and Business Office Manager to coordinate appropriate and efficient decisions about prospective admissions that are occurring. When admissions determinations are made, work with nursing, social services, and housekeeping on appropriate room and bed selection.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
- Organizational skills required.
- Good listener.
- Knowledge of (or ability to learn) reimbursement programs from payor sources.
- Personal computer skills at a level to accomplish this job.
- Proven skills in working independently, be self-motivated, and be goal-directed.
- Formal sales training and team building skills preferred.
- Understanding of advertising, collateral material design/layout/production preferred via past proven experience.
- Capable of maintaining regular attendance.
- Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in written format.
- Ability to work flexible hours, as admission responsibilities may dictate the ability to attend meetings, make presentations, and meet prospective residents or families outside of the Center.
- Ability to travel and/or attend educational offerings presented by the Center, as well as approved offerings by Association conferences or other entities.
EDUCATION, LICENSURE, AND EXPERIENCE
- Bachelors degree in Business/Communications or related field preferred, or more than one year experience in lieu of degree.
- Previous healthcare community relations experience preferred.
- Community relations experience preferred.