The Group Facilitator works in our Adult Day Program division. This opening is for a Group Facilitator that will primarily be supporting our SOAP clients. Our SOAP (Structured Outpatient Addictions Program) is designed to help individuals who suffer from substance abuse addiction. Program functions on an intensive half day schedule that includes Group Therapy and individual psychotherapy and family therapy sessions as needed. This level of care is ideal as a step down from detox, intensive residential setting or an individual who has relapsed and is in need of supportive services to remain in a functional community setting. South Bay Soap offers: Recovery based CBT, Motivational interviewing and medical education, case management services and discharge planning.
Education & Licensing Requirements
- Master s Degree in a License Eligible Field
- Having license is a plus-we; however, we offer supervision towards state licensure if you are not already licensed.
Accepted Licenses: 1. Mental Health Counselor: LMHC, LMFT or LPC 2. Expressive Therapist: LMHC 3. Social Worker: LCSW or LICSW 4. Addictions Counselor: LADC1
Duties & Responsibilities
- Provide crisis management within the program; ability to react calmly and quickly (if indicated), and follow up in accordance to SBCS s policies and procedures
- Provide individual and family consultations to consumers weekly.
- Attend treatment planning meetings and UR/MDT as needed
- Work with Program Director and staff to create new curriculum for groups as needed
- Attend Collateral meetings, Family Meetings and conduct home based outreach on an as needed basis
- Make referrals to community resources.
- Adhere to all Ethical and Best Practices in a professional manner and have the ability to lead and take on leadership responsibilities.
- Communicate positively and effectively in a team environment
- Provide timely and clinically savvy documentation in our EHR, including completion of ongoing treatment planning based on client needs
- Ability to d/c when clinically appropriate, reviewing and discussing with team/Site Director
- Understanding/knowledge of medical necessity (though ongoing education is continuously provided)
- Solid understanding of the DSM V and ASAM criteria
- Must be a team player
- Willingness to follow curriculum, prepare for daily session and lesson plan
- Attend staff meetings, case consults and other training as necessary
- Other duties as required
Other Possible Responsibilities Include
- Engaging clients in the program through outreach visits, monitoring of individual schedules, and team and individual meetings to ensure appropriate treatment compliance.
- Transport consumers to and from the program, as needed, and renew all transportation requests.
- Conduct intake assessments as requested by the Program Director as needed
- Cover colleagues group if necessary
Experience & Skills
Experience with 1:1 Counseling required Experience with Substance Abuse Addiction and Mental Health Diagnosis Required Experience running psycho-therapy groups required PC literacy and experience with MS Office Application PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS Lifting: Less than 15 lbs. Stooping/bending: Seldom Crawling/climbing/kneeling: Seldom Reaching/pulling/pushing: Seldom
Benefits of Working at South Bay
Job - Benefits
- We are passionate and dedicated to helping our community
- You get hands-on, invaluable experience working with our consumers in their environment
- As a South Bay employee, you have a clear growth potential/ career path.
- We continually offer training and have a successful on-boarding process.
- We offer competitive salary, mileage stipend, health benefits, paid time off, flexible schedule for clinical staff, strong team environment, in service training, electronic health records, professional liability insurance, and career advancement.
About South Bay
Do you want to work with leaders in your field to make an impact in underserved communities? Come join South Bay Community Services, a leader in community-based, behavioral health care.
At SBCS, our mission is to encourage the self-sufficiency of disadvantaged people through behavioral health care services that are grounded in the community.
We are constantly evolving our programs to meet the changing needs of our consumers. We believe, above all else, that every member of the community is worth fighting for.
Adult Group Therapy