Advisory Solution Consultant, Federal System Integrators
Location: Vienna, VA
ServiceNow is changing the way people work. With a service-orientation toward the activities, tasks and processes that make up day-to-day work life, we help the modern enterprise operate faster and be more scalable than ever before. We make the world of work, work better for people.
Were disruptive. We work hard but try not to take ourselves too seriously. We are highly adaptable and constantly evolving. We are passionate about our product, and we live for our customers. We have high expectations and a career at ServiceNow means challenging yourself to always be better.
We provide competitive compensation, generous benefits and a professional atmosphere. This is a very collaborative and inclusive work environment where individuals strong on aptitude and attitude will have an opportunity to grow their professional careers working with some of the most advanced technology and talented individuals in the business.
ServiceNow is seeking an Advisory Solution Consultant supporting our Alliance and Channels Partners with a focus on Federal System Integrators. In this role, you will be expected to provide pre-sales support, technical product and architecture advice, on-going communication of the latest ServiceNow solutions/capabilities and assisting our Partners build Practices that deliver exceptional customer outcomes. This position requires a hands-on technical consultant capable of going wide and deep on solution design and positioning. Additionally, you will be responsible for evangelizing ServiceNow mindshare to this partner community to aide them in; evolving their solutions leveraging a ServiceNow First approach, sell effectively to their customers, and extend the ServiceNow value proposition. This role must reside in Southern Maryland, District of Columbia or Northern Virginia area. This role does require up to 50% travel.
What you need to be successful in this role:
- 5+ years of Solution Consulting experience
- 5+ years of consulting or experience working with Federal Systems Integrators in both Sell To and Sell Through opportunities
- Experience in the Federal procurement cycle
- Knowledge of one or more US Federal Agencies
- Experience and understanding of multiple technical domains - application, data, integration, big data, mobility, analytics, etc.
- Excellent understanding of the architectural principles for cloud based platforms that include SaaS, PaaS, multi-tenancy, and automation
- Intrinsically curious and passionate about researching current and emerging technologies and developing innovative solutions
- Strong facilitation skills, to encourage clear articulation of the business issues and effective solution design by the relevant players
- Passion for and demonstrated success understanding and fulfilling internal or external customer needs; maintains a problem-solver mindset
- Sharp business judgment, ability to see big picture and to prioritize
- Executive presence, strong verbal and written communication
- Ability to manage change and ambiguity with an action-orientation/drive must thrive in a dynamic environment
- Talented at explaining complex topics clearly and concisely, and effective at providing practical guidance
- Ability to collaborate and interact at multiple levels (Enterprise Architects, Technical Architects, Offering Managers, Directors, VPs, and CXOs)
- Undergraduate degree in Commerce, Computer Science, Engineering etc.
- Experience in any of the key subject areas, with a demonstrated history delivering consulting services across the following:
- Enterprise Architecture (Strategy, Planning, Standards)
- Service Management
- Security and Operations
- Human Resources
- Financial Management
Experience that will help you stand out:
- Experience with the ServiceNow product suite or competitive product suites highly desirable
- A current ServiceNow certification (e.g. Certified System Administrator and/or Certified Implementation Specialist)
- ServiceNow platform development experience
- Experience developing on competitive platforms
What you get to do in this role:
- Lead architecture and design engagements with Partners on how ServiceNow meets the Business/IT needs for their end customer
- Demonstrations of products based upon business initiatives or required outcomes focused upon the value the solution delivers
- Scoping and delivering Proof of Concept/Proof of Value engagements with the Partner
- Staying current on product developments/releases to provide guidance to Partners
- Forging trusted advisor relationships at the top levels at the Partner account
- Providing thought leadership and collaborate with cross functional teams to ensure customer success is achieved
- Participate in and deliver Business Reviews with aligned account teams
- Engaging with the Partner and cross functional teams post sales to ensure successful transition from sales to delivery
- Provide mentoring and training to peers and other colleagues within our organization
- Identifying, leading and contributing to the creation of best practices, white papers, workshops, technology days, lunch and learns etc.
- Provide oversight on, and ensure successful completion of Partner initiatives and any necessary RFx assistance
What we would love to see from you before or during an interview:
- Presentation and demonstration of our ServiceNow Story
- An inspiring portfolio of applications built on platforms such as ServiceNow
- Demonstration of any accessible projects you have built