Expectations for a CompoZed developer include :Demonstrate technical skills and aptitude needed to meet/exceed delivery velocity expectations as a full stack developerActively learn different technologies as needed for delivery of storiesAdhere to CompoZed practices (for example, pair programming and test-driven development) and hold others accountable for the sameDeliver on all phases of development work from initial kick-off, technical setup, application development, and supportServe as a leader in all dimensions of the work: people, process, technologyEmbrace approach of making collaborative, fast, local decisions; then course correct as/if needed (test/learn/iterate)Active participation in regular CompoZed meetings (e.g., site standup, product team standup, iteration planning meeting, retrospective, lunch & learns)Actively work to transfer knowledge of Allstate CompoZed practices and technical skills to other people (including delivery areas) to grow adoptionProvide meaningful/thoughtful feedback on others as requestedReceive constructive criticism and take necessary steps to improve where/when neededIf there is bench time, leverage it to work on any assigned projects and/or for self-study to advance technical skillsDeveloped code should promote principles of 12 factor apps, availability, scalability, maintainability and securityMaintain positive outlook in handling continuous change and bring a sense of urgency in driving positive change at Allstate (innovation, faster time to market, improved quality)Embrace an organization model that is self-directed / self-managed as a team and as individualsSatisfy all administrative-type requirements such as timesheets, performance management process, annual compliance, security training, etc.
Job Qualifications :
- You are entrepreneurial with a strong inclination towards action and leadership in ambiguous situations
- You are passionate about technical topics such as computer languages and frameworks, mobility and Internet of Things.
- You can translate complex user stories into a good technical code and deliver it effectively.
- You’re ready to judge your success by the success of your team and the happiness of your customers.
- 1-2+ years technology development and implementation experience.
- Knowledge of Agile methodologies (especially Agile XP), including paired programming and test driven development.
- Undergraduate degree in software engineering or computer science.
- Utilizing Paired programming
- Leveraging Test-Driven Development
- Daily interactions and open communication channels with you and your Product Manager
- Participation in Iteration Planning, Stand-up and Retrospective meetings
- Able to facilitate diverse teams, multi-task, and work under pressure to meet aggressive schedule targets
- Able to work effectively across organizational and geographical boundaries
CompoZed Development is growing daily – across our multiple Allstate development groups we’ve launched several products and we haven’t stopped accelerating. We are committed to moving quickly as the number of projects and products continues to expand and evolve, leveraging our skills to assist the Allstate development groups in bringing the best solutions and services to market.
Don’t miss this opportunity to join an organization where your innovative thinking and technology skills can make an impact on the future of the way Allstate develops and delivers software in the future.
We are the Allstate CompoZed Development team. We bring to market innovative services and solutions for Allstate by partnering with IT developers across the company leveraging the Agile XP methodology and the Pivotal Cloud Foundry technology platform. On most CompoZed projects, the technical team is a mix of a Product Manager (representing the business needs), a Product Designer providing UX information architecture and design, as well as highly skilled and diversified Product Developers.