Air Import Export Coordinator
Everglory Logistics Inc. – Boston, MA
Job: Operations Coordinator
Department: Import / Export
Location: Boston Office
General Description: The Operations Coordinator will have the primary responsibility to support the manager of any of the general departmental lanes within the company which include; Air, Ocean, Import, and Export. This support position will be responsible for the full cycle of any given customer shipment from loading to destination and will also include customer contact and maintenance with a goal of customer satisfaction. Further responsibility includes support to the quoting demands of the company.
Major Duties and Responsibilities:
- Track cargo status with airlines.
- Track Cargo status with steamship lines.
- Track cargo status with agents.
- Keep customers closely updated to their shipment status from departure through arrival and customs clearance.
- Coordinate shipment arrivals with brokers.
- Provide new quotations as well as maintain existing quotations to customer base.
- Coordinate cargo with originating countries.
- Keep a good corporate working relationship with customers.
- Maintain all shipments within the Cargo Wise OS using data entry and proficiency.
Minor duties and responsibilities:
- Customer Invoicing and quote reconciliation.
- Data entry
- International paperwork support.
- Must be proficient on a computer with a working knowledge of Excel and Word.
- Experience in Microsoft Business Applications a plus.
- High School diploma or GED required.
- One to Two years of experience in International Freight business.
- Business work experience a plus.
- Able to work in fast paced environment.
- Bi-Lingual in Asian languages a plus.
- Flexible aptitude and multi-tasking required.
- Able to understand and balance work flows from multiple people.
- Competent in import export workflow, paperwork and incoterms.
- Ability to communicate clearly, troubleshoot and support others within the company.
- Enjoy working in a fast paced and challenging office and International profession.
- Able to interact professionally and service minded to customers.
- Willingness to learn and build background in Logistics.
Position Direct Report: Position will directly report to the department manager.
Job Type: Full-time
- Relevant: 1 year (Preferred)
- Health insurance
- Vision insurance
- Dental insurance
- Retirement plan
- Paid time off