Ambulatory Clinical Documention Specialist
ComforceHealth – New York, NY
TITLE: Ambulatory Clinical Documentation Specialist
SCHEDULE: FT Travel. Pay for full travel
CREDENTIALS: CCDS or CDIP, RN preferred
- The Ambulatory Clinical Documentation Specialist (CDS) will utilize documentation and coding expertise to identify and facilitate modifications to quality and completeness of medical record documentation of physicians, PAs, and FNPs
- The CDS will be responsible for educating providers and achieving improved documentation results for the organization.
- The outcome will be documentation that accurately and completely captures the clinical picture/severity of illness/complexity of the patient while providing specific and complete information to be utilized in coding, profiling and outcomes reporting of both the facility and the physicians.
- The CDS utilizes knowledge of national coding guidelines (ICD-10 and CPT), Hierarchical Condition Categories (HCC), standards of compliance, and clinical knowledge to identify opportunities and to achieve results
Education and Experience
- Ability to communicate effectively w/ physicians.
- Knowledge of clinical documentation requirements, coding, guidelines, and regulatory requirements related to coding.
- 5 years of acute care hospital coding or
- 3-5 years acute clinical nursing experience
- Certified in Outpatient CDI or able to obtain in accordance with 1 2year eligibility requirements
- RN Preferred, but would consider an HIM Professional (coding credential with CDIP or CCDS) if they have extensive, proven history
- Onsite/Travel preferred
- We need a very detailed orientated CDI that can work well by themselves with little direction but can also work with other team members when needed.
- They will be reviewing records and educating staff, so we need consultants that are not timid when it comes to speaking to providers
- Hospital system is on Cerner and 3M 360
- Excellent pay and Health Benefits
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Free CEUs
- Consultant Portal
- Coding Support and much more
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $50.00 to $55.00 /hour
- Paid time off
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance