Arizona Department of Corrections
Safer communities through effective corrections.
All Arizona state employees operate within the Arizona Management System (AMS), an intentional, results-driven approach for doing the work of state government whereby every employee reflects on performance, reduces waste, and commits to continuous improvement with sustainable progress. Through AMS, every state employee seeks to understand customer needs, identify problems, improve processes, and measure results. State employees are highly engaged, collaborative and embrace a culture of public service.
TEAM LEAD AMERICORPS MEMBER
Inmate Programs and Reentry/Counseling and Treatment
Vacancies currently exist at the following locations:
Florence, Perryville, Tucson, Maricopa Reentry Center and Pima Reentry Center
If you are a STUDENT or thinking about returning to school and are interested in an opportunity to get career experience, while earning an education award that can be applied to educational cost or student loans
If you are a RETIREE seeking an opportunity to contribute to the betterment of your community through meaningful work while earning an education award that can be utilized for educational cost or student loans for family members over a 10 year period.
If you are an altruist INDIVIDUAL seeking additional work or an opportunity to return to the workforce with a drive to make a difference in the lives of offenders by contributing to their re-entry plan
THIS MAY BE THE UNIQUE AND REWARDING OPPORTUNITY FOR YOU.
The Arizona Department of Corrections and AmeriCorps have partnered to provide instruction to improve lives of offenders in changing their behavior, reentry, money management, basic education, substance abuse treatment and/or parenting programs for inmates.
- Works in a team to provide instruction or assist with delivering education programs to offenders
- Leads weekly team meetings, provides training, arranges development activities and serves and a model to Americorps members
- Assists with scheduling and minor administrative duties appropriate to the assignment
- Coordinates activities and special projects that teach and encourage socialization
- Attends meetings, trainings and community events
- Performs other duties appropriate to the assignment
SPECIAL SELECTION FACTOR(S) THE FOLLOWING ARE REQUIRED:
Requires possession of, and ability to retain a current, valid state-issued drivers license appropriate to the assignment. Employees who drive on state business are subject to drivers license record checks, must maintain acceptable driving records and must complete any required driver training (see Arizona Administrative Code R2-10-207.12).
Must be 18 years or older
High School Diploma/ GED and some college
Must be a U.S. citizen, U.S. national or legal permanent resident alien of the United States
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES (KSAs):
- Tutoring and/or Adult education
- Basic scheduling techniques
- Collecting, tracking and reporting data
- Verbal and written communication
- Organization, coordination and time management
- Public speaking and presentation
- Personal computers and various software programs (i.e., Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook)
- Commit to 900 hours of service in twelve months
- Adhere to Arizona Department of Corrections (ADC) rules, regulations, policies and procedures
- Work with individuals from a diverse background
- Interact professionally with security staff and offenders
- Work in a secure prison environment
Service is contingent upon the selected applicant passing a background investigation and a drug test*.
In order to be fully considered, in addition to applying to the ADC Job Board, all applicants MUST apply on the following AmeriCorps website:
AmeriCorps Link: http://www.nationalservice.gov/programs/americorps/join-americorps
Program name: Arizona Department of Corrections AmeriCorps
- Receive a living allowance during your term of service.
Total Living Allowance- $5,980 gross over 12 months
- Upon successful completion of services, AmeriCorps members receive an Educational
- Award that can be applied to educational costs or student loans
Total Education Award upon completion- $3,047.50
- Potential Career Opportunities
- Student Loan Deferment while serving
- Serve your country and give back to your community
- Potential to serve and earn internship hours for college programs
If you experience technical issues while applying for this position, please call 602-542-4700 or email [email protected]