Overview of the Financial Intelligence Unit American Expresss Financial Intelligence Unit (FIU), within Global Financial Crimes Compliance (GFCC), provides end-to-end support and oversight of global financial crimes investigations. In conjunction with GFCC partners, the FIU develops and implements automated transaction monitoring rules, reports, and other processes designed to identify activity potentially indicative of criminal behavior. The FIU also investigates potentially suspicious financial activity and, when appropriate, files suspicious activity reports (SARs) with the Financial Crimes Enforcement Network (FinCEN), which is part of the U.S. Department of the Treasury, and/or refers matters to internal compliance partners for review and reporting globally. In addition, the FIU manages risk associated with politically exposed persons and persons and entities on core sanctions and risk lists through regular screening, and also manages risk associated with improper payments that could be indicative of bribery, corruption, or other illicit activity by reviewing internal American Express payments and expenditures. The FIU performs a critical role in ensuring that American Express complies with all applicable laws and regulations, including the Bank Secrecy Act, the USA PATRIOT Act, and the Foreign Corrupt Practices Act, and provides law enforcement with key information for the investigation and prosecution of money laundering and terrorist financing, credit card fraud, identity theft, and other criminal activity. The FIUs Program Oversight team facilitates alignment across all FIU teams in day-to-day operations and manages projects and issues, processes and controls, and reporting and metrics for the FIU. Responsibilities include oversight of projects managed across FIU core teams and driving technology initiatives and implementation of FIU-wide enhancements; oversight and coordination of Operational Risk Events and Corrective Action Plans; management and oversight of formal and internal management reporting, metrics, and identification of key risk indicators; and managing development of processes and controls to ensure efficiency and sustainability. Responsibilities Reporting to a Manager of Program Oversight, responsibilities in this role will include a combination of the following:
- Support the management of a large scale compliance technology project as a Product Owner by engaging with project teams to help plan and prioritize technology product features, backlog and development work through readiness and launch;
- Work with FIU core teams to gather business requirements, define and draft user stories with detailed acceptance criteria, and participate in grooming and sprint planning sessions in collaboration with technology and reporting teams;
- Track and manage the development status of various features using Rally to ensure timely delivery;
- Conduct and oversee User Acceptance Testing process and validation of new functionalities and reports;
- Assist in the preparation of communications and presentation materials for various stakeholders and leadership.
Qualifications The successful candidate will have the ability to communicate clearly and effectively with both technology and business partners; ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously that involve collaboration among multiple teams; a keen attention to detail; strong excel skills; strong communication, writing and editing skills; and a willingness to be a deadline-driven team player. A strong candidate will also be a motivated, creative self-starter with sharp problem-solving skills. Proven experience with Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint is required. Ideal candidates will meet one or more of the following qualifications:
- A minimum of two years of experience in project management, data analysis and reporting, general compliance, or in the broader financial industry;
- A minimum of two years of experience in Bank Secrecy Act (BSA)/Anti-Money Laundering (AML) compliance, law enforcement, and/or the credit card industry;
- Experience using tools such as Rally and JIRA for Agile projects and/or MicroStrategy and Tableau for reporting;
- Bachelors degree required; advanced degree preferred.
Please include a statement of interest/cover letter with your application.
Why American Express?Theres a difference between having a job and making a difference.
American Express has been making a difference in peoples lives for over 160 years, backing them in moments big and small, granting access, tools, and resources to take on their biggest challenges and reap the greatest rewards.
Weve also made a difference in the lives of our people, providing a culture of learning and collaboration, and helping them with what they need to succeed and thrive. We have their backs as they grow their skills, conquer new challenges, or even take time to spend with their family or community. And when theyre ready to take on a new career path, were right there with them, giving them the guidance and momentum into the best future they envision.
Because we believe that the best way to back our customers is to back our people.
The powerful backing of American Express.Dont make a difference without it.Dont live life without it.
Employment eligibility to work with American Express in the U.S. is required as the company will not pursue visa sponsorship for these positions.
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: Jun 24, 2019, 11:01:00 PM