Analyst - Information Technology
United Airlines Inc. – Chicago, IL
We have a wide variety of career opportunities around the world come find yours.Technology/IT
The United IT team designs, develops and maintains massively scaling technology solutions that are brought to life with innovative architectures, data analytics and digital solutions. Job overview and responsibilities
Responsible for consultation to the internal and/or external customer. Possess expertise in the customer area he/she supports and has technical understanding of the business units systems, capabilities, and respective technologies. Analyze customer processes and requirements. Prepare specified project documentation according to UAL IDF standards. Assist in business process redesign as needed. Maintain communication with customer and team members and promote a team environment.
- Works on one or more projects
- Works on moderate to complex projects
- Provides direction tools, and process support to less senior employees
- Knowledge in own discipline
- Requires moderate guidance
- Provides basic support and solutions
- Makes decisions within guidelines & policy
- May manage projects of limited scope
- Assist in planning and design of solutions via requirements gathering.
- Create simple workflow models and process maps based on input from multiple sources.
- Lead meetings with Technology and Business Partners to gather needs and requirements
- Aligns process/procedures to best practice solutions
- Analyzes efficiencies and effectiveness of current solution
- Document training programs and knowledge articles
- Basic understanding of business principles (United systems)
- Identifies problems/issues and finds solutions
- Monitors compliance and adherence to principles
- Partners with business managers
- Ensures work is within project scope
- Document service levels
- Bachelors Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, or Business Administration
- Communication Skills- The ability to communicate verbally and in writing with all levels of employees and management, capable of successful formal and informal communication, speaks and writes clearly and understandably at the right level.
- Integrity and Trust - Involves being widely trusted, being seen as a direct, truthful individual, can present the unvarnished truth in an appropriate and helpful manner, keeps confidences, admits mistakes, and doesnt misrepresent him/herself for personal gain.
- Teamwork - Involves working well in a collaborative setting, supporting work team by volunteering for and completing assignments, acting as a positive team member by contributing to discussions, developing and maintaining both formal and informal relationships enterprise-wide, defines success in terms of the entire team through mentoring and knowledge transfer.
- Technical Expertise - Involves demonstrating a commitment to increasing knowledge and skills in current technical/functional area, keeping up to date on technical developments, staying informed as to industry practices, knowing how to apply relevant technical processes to appropriate business needs.
- 2-5 IT and/or business experience, or any equivalent combination of experience, education, and/or training.
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States for any employer without sponsorship
- Successful completion of interview required to meet job qualification
- Reliable, punctual attendance is an essential function of the position
- Customer Focus - Is dedicated to meeting the expectations and requirements of internal/external customers, gets customer information and uses it for improvements, acts with the customer in mind, establishes and maintains effective relationships with customers and gains their trust and respect.
- Dedication - Involves demonstrating a desire to dedicate time and energy to accomplish goals, tasks, assignments, etc. Will do what it takes to get things done.
- Partners with the Business - Acts as valued partner to the business, develops relationships with the customer, deals honestly and effectively with business partners, is seen in a positive light by the business/customer.
- Patience - Involves listening and checking before acting. Is tolerant with people and processes, tries to understand the people and the data before making judgments and acting, sensitive to due process and proper approaches.
- Task Management - Delivers quality work on time, translates planning into action by following applicable established procedures or methodologies, proactively monitors and controls task status by collecting and analyzing task data to anticipate and address barriers, appropriately communicates and resolves or escalates any problems that arise.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled/LGBT