Envoy Air – Irving, TX
Envoy Air Inc. is a wholly owned subsidiary of the American Airlines Group. With more than 16,000 employees, Envoy is the largest provider of regional flight service to American Airlines. Flying under the American Eagle brand and livery, Envoy provides ground handling services for many American Airlines flights. The Company was founded in 1998 as American Eagle Airlines, Inc. and in 2014, changed its name to Envoy Air Inc. Envoy is headquartered within the Dallas metropolitan area in Irving, TX with large operations in Dallas/Fort Worth, Chicago, Miami, New York, and Los Angeles. At Envoy, we go beyond transporting people from one destination to another. Our goal for employees is to take you where you want to go - whether a short-term stay or a lifelong career. Are you ready for take-off?
The Procurement Analyst is part of the Inventory Logistics & Analysis department. The Procurement Analyst represents the company and department in business/supply chain dealings with internal and external organizations. This position establishes and maintains relations with suppliers, measures supplier performance. The Procurement Analyst strives to maintain balance between cost effectiveness and efficient support to maintenance operations.
- Procure material / supplies for airline and maintenance operations
- Responsible for creating RFQs, sourcing and negotiating non-contracted material / services
- Create and expedite Purchase Orders (PO) to ensure timely delivery; monitor invoice exceptions to ensure suppliers get paid in a timely manner
- Manage quantity-price breaks; achieve objectives of price reduction / cost savings and lead time improvement for the components managed
- Engage in process improvement activities / exercises
- Establish and maintain relations with suppliers, measure supplier performance
- Interact with internal customers and external suppliers routinely; to ensure customer needs are understood clearly by the suppliers
- Provide supply chain support for Heavy Maintenance Base operations
- Minimum Age: 18
- Bachelor s degree in Supply Chain, Business, IT, Operations Management or related field, or a minimum of 2-3 years of experience in a relevant field
- Demonstrated understanding of procurement/supply chain concepts and processes
- Knowledge and experience with analytical/database tools like Microsoft Excel and Access
- Strong verbal and written communication skills; assertiveness to negotiate
- Some travel is required
- Possess the legal right to work in the United States
- Ability to read, write, fluently speak and understand the English language
- Knowledge of Oracle ERP or similar ERP system preferred
Additional Position Details
- Candidates must fulfill a fingerprint based criminal background check to qualify for unescorted access privileges to airport security identification areas (SIDA), if applicable.
- Candidates must be able to secure appropriate airport authority and/or US Customs security badges, in addition to clearing other airport related requirements, if applicable.
- This position may be subject to the Department of Transportation (DOT). Federal law requires Envoy to determine an applicant s history of DOT drug and/or alcohol violation(s) or refusal(s) to test before hiring him/her into a safety-sensitive position.
Envoy Air is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled.
Travel 20 - 30%