Praxair, Inc., a wholly-owned subsidiary of Linde plc, is a leading industrial gas company in North and South America and one of the largest worldwide. Praxair produces, sells and distributes atmospheric, process and specialty gases, and high-performance surface coatings. Our products, services and technologies are making our planet more productive by bringing efficiency and environmental benefits to a wide variety of industries, including aerospace, chemicals, food and beverage, electronics, energy, healthcare, manufacturing, primary metals and many others. For more information about the company, please visit our website at www.praxair.com.
JOB PURPOSE: This position participates in the engineering design and/or execution of one or more projects with specific focus on design and specification of filed instruments, Analyzer systems, CEMS.
SCOPE: Performs engineering calculations, investigations and assigned tasks for subsets of large projects or complete small projects.
This position offers a great opportunity in Linde Engineerings US HyCO business unit to become an industry expert in Instrumentation and Analytical systems required for Hydrogen / Carbon Monoxide plants using Steam Methane Reformers or similar technologies. Linde Plc offers an excellent opportunity and career growth in various areas such as engineering, research & development, project management, business development, management to suit individual strengths and capabilities.
REPORTING RELATIONSHIPS: Reports to Director of Process Automation
- Responsible for leading the specification and design of analytical systems on HyCO projects.
- The analytical systems include but not limited to the Gas analyzers, process analyzers, pH, Density, moisture, conductivity meters, impurity analyzers, Mass spectrometers, Gas chromatographs, sampling systems, enclosure buildings, CEMS.
- Design and specify the Sample Conditioning Systems
- Responsible for the overall quality, reliability, and efficiency of analytical systems engineering outputs. Develops corrective procedures when necessary and maintains an awareness of research, trends or industry developments that may impact specific area of the business.
- Develops and maintains the Praxair standards for Analytical systems, Enclosure buildings, sampling systems, field instrumentation (Flow, Pressure, Level, Temp transmitters, switches, rotameters etc.).
- Scopes analytical system requirements for project estimate and proposal preparation.
- Attends FAT and SAT of the systems when required
- Leads on-site checkout, commissioning, and plant startup activities for analytical systems
- Provides oversight to analytical system equipment suppliers, fabricators, and field installation contractors.
- Ensures the safety, technical quality, completeness, and reliability of analytical system designs as well as systems procured from external sources.
- Prepares specifications for field instrumentation, works with purchasing to order the right instrumentation for the project. Participates in quality inspections, installation checkouts and commissioning
- Works closely with the Project Management team to define schedule and provide regular updates
- Champions new ideas or a position. Gets involved in community of practice for analytical systems and instrumentation
- Recognized as an expert in core skill of analytical systems and instrumentation. Maintains a thorough knowledge of new technologies.
Linde Plcs US HyCO business projection has created the need for this position as it embarks on a growth period which will require the acquisition of business and the installation of new plants worldwide. New plant locations will be primarily in North America, South America, Asia, and Middle East. Domestic & international travel can be expected for approximately 25 to 30% of the time.
- BS in engineering/science. [Chemical, Mechanical, Chemistry major, Control systems, Instrumentation preferred]. Relevant experience in the field of analytical systems engineering can be substituted for the degree requirements.
- At least 10 years experience in the field of refining/petrochemical analytical instrumentation design and application
- Must have working knowledge of refining/petrochemical standards (NEC, NFPA, ISA, IEC, API, ASTM).
- Must have working knowledge of hazardous area classifications and standards
- Must have hands on experience and thorough technical knowledge in overall plant analytical system design including different sampling systems, installation, commissioning, startup, and operations support.
- Experience in these areas as applied to syngas generation and separation processes with a focus on steam methane reformers is highly desirable
- Experience in P&ID markups for Analytical / Instrumentation scope
- Ability to understand and develop wiring diagrams
- Experience/Familiarity in interfacing analyzer systems to DCS/ PLC
- Experience with dealing and managing work with EPC contractors
- Experience in design and specification of field instrumentation (transmitters, flow elements etc.)
Primary Location Texas-The Woodlands Schedule Full-time Job - Engineering Unposting Date Ongoing All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.