Interested in working for a human-centered technology company that prides itself on using modern tools and technologies? Want to be surrounded by intensely curious and innovative thinkers?
Seeking to solve complex technical challenges by building products that work for people, meet and exceed the needs of businesses, and work elegantly and efficiently?
Modeling ourselves after the 1904 Worlds Fair, which brought innovation to the region, 1904labs is seeking top technical talent in St. Louis to bring innovation and creativity to our clients.
Our clients consist of Fortune 500 and Global 2000 companies headquartered here in St. Louis. We partner with them on complex projects that range from reimagining and refactoring their existing applications, to helping to envision and build new applications or data streams to operationalize their existing data. Working in a team-based labs model, using our own flavor of #HCDAgile, we strive to work at the cutting edge of technologys capabilities while solving problems for our clients and their users.
As an Android Mobile Software Developer you will be responsible for delivering an experience to our clients that is goal-oriented and activity-based. You will participate on a diverse team that may include full stack developers, iOS developers, data engineers, data scientists and others -- each bringing their respective strengths to the table. For this reason, we seek T-shaped developers: deep in a few core areas and broad across a wide range of architectures, frameworks, and computer science disciplines.
Each team member is expected to have the right aptitude to embrace new technologies as necessary, and the right soft skills to work constructively with both the client and other team members. We build complementary teams that leverage core strengths while providing opportunities for cross-training and growth. In short, the job requires:
- Building an Android application in partnership with our clients and end users.
- Delivery across the entire app life cycle concept, design, build, deploy, test, and release.
- Partnership with web, iOS and other developers to create and maintain an enjoyable development experience.
- Partnership with our Human Centered Design Lead to build interfaces that are elegant and useable.
- Partnership with the Agile Engineering Lead to understand the clients needs.
- Demonstrable experience building an Android application in a professional context using any of the following: Java, C++, Kotlin, React Native, Cordova, Xamarin
- Knowledge of IT concepts, strategies, methodologies, architectures and technical standards
- Comfort in an agile development environment (eg. writing stories, participating in workshops, sprint planning and retros)
- Demonstrable experience with any of the following -- (the more, the merrier):
- App Deployment to Play Store
- Consumption of RESTful services and APIs
- Unit Testing, UI Testing
- Automation tools (eg. Calabash, Appium, Robotium)
- Design patterns MVVM / MVC / VIPER
- OOP, SOLID, Clean
- Localization / Internationalization / Accessibility
- Continuous Integration and Delivery
- Large IAAS platforms (eg. AWS, GCP, Azure)
- Standard Benefits Program (medical, dental, life insurance, 401(k), professional development and education assistance, PTO)
- Innovation Hours - Ten percent (10%) of our work week is set aside to work on our own product ideas in a highly collaborative and supportive environment. The best part: The IP remains your own. We are a high-growth culture and we know that when we help people focus on personal and professional growth, collectively, we can achieve great things.
- Dress Code - we don t have one!
This job is located in St. Louis, MO. While we would prefer local candidates your current location is not the most important factor; please help us understand why you would like to call St. Louis home if you would be relocating.