This position is full-time and works approximately 40 hours per week.
Department Name/Job Location
This position is in the Department of Washington University Information Technology. This position is for the Danforth Campus.
Under minimal supervision, provide cost-effective information technology solutions by creating new, modifying, and supporting existing software applications that are of a complex nature.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Conduct work flow study and analyze of business practices
- Document existing processes as they relate to information technology solutions
- Perform application lifecycle activities, including:
- Code, monitor, maintain, test, and debug software applications
- Follow established change management processes
- Facilitate code reviews
- Develop test plan development
- Make recommendations for hardware/software solutions
- Create, document, schedule, and support operational activities
- Coordinate with software vendors and external service providers
- Troubleshoot software bugs and provide fixes
- Provide off hours support, as needed
- Provide, cultivate and foster excellent customer service
- Promote adherence to departmental standards
- Act as a source of direction, training, and guidance for less experienced staff
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Bachelors degree in a technical discipline such as Computer Science, plus 2 years relevant technology experience or equivalent combination of education & experience
- Bachelors in a technical discipline
- 5 years relevant technology experience
- Prior experience in a higher education technology environment
- Team Skills: Supports teammates at all times and in any way necessary to maintain a productive, energetic, efficient and dynamic WashU IT team. Communicates effectively and frequently both verbally and in writing with other members of the team. Collaborates with other teammates to provide assistance, and expertise, as well as to receive expert input and assistance from others delivering the best solution and experience for the customer.
- Customer Service: Must possess an aptitude for patience, professionalism, tactfulness and empathy. Must be enthusiastic and committed to helping others and exhibit the ability to quickly assess the specific needs of the customer to determine an appropriate course of action. Must be able to quickly defuse stressful or anxious situations.
- Demonstrated aptitude to quickly and effectively adapt to technologies outside of current experience
- Strong communication and collaboration skills, with the ability to work as part of a team and independently
- Engaged in continuous improvement of internal processes and procedures
- Ability to consult with clients and higher-level technicians and analysts to resolve technical problems and ensure customer satisfaction
- Ability to interact with customers to discuss alternative technical solutions
- Ability to work with only minimal supervision
- Ability to learn quickly and adapt to new circumstances
- Ability to work extra hours and recognize the need to do so
- Ability to adjust scheduled time
- Ability to adjust to change and demands on time
- Ability to acquire technical skills quickly from standardized training and online information, in addition to hands on work with team members.
- Apply knowledge of Microsoft SQL server, supporting operating systems, transaction managers, database tools, and utilities to sustain operations
- Required Technical Experience:
- Microsoft SQL (T-SQL)
- SQL Development
- Stored procedures
- SQL Integration Services (SSIS)
- Preferred Technical Experience:
- Microsoft SQL Server
- Atlassian tools (Bitbucket, Jira, Confluence, etc.)
The hiring range for this position is $64,854 - $84,365 annually.
Offers made for this position are contingent upon the successful completion of all required pre-employment screens, including a criminal background check, hair sample drug screen, and verification of required professional licenses, registrations, or certifications.
- Retirement Savings Plan
- 22 vacation days
- 10 Paid Holidays
- Sick Time
- Tuition benefits for employee, spouse and dependent children
- Free Metro Link/ Bus pass
- Free Life Insurance
- Health, Dental, Vision
- Health Savings Accounts (HSA)
- Long Term Disability Insurance
- Flex Spending Plan
- Other Benefits
HR website (hr.wustl.edu)
Applicant Special Instructions
- Ability to travel to on and off-campus locations
- Ability to travel to on and off-site meetings
Washington University is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, genetic information, disability, or protected veteran status.