Job Id : 626
Jobtitle : Application Support Analyst
Location : Falls Church, VA
Company Name : Unisys Corporation
Industry : Information Technology
Salary : $50,000 - $70,000 YEAR
Job type : Fulltime
Posted on: 2019-07-01
Required Skills : Engineering, Information Technology, Design
Benefits : No benefits are available
We are currently seeking a motivated, career and customer oriented Help Desk Analyst to join our team in Falls Church, VA to begin an exciting and challenging career with Unisys Federal Systems.
Information technology user support position to provide technical support for employees of a large federal agency. Candidate should have a background in software application support, web application support and a passion for learning new technologies and a genuine desire to help people. Position requires that you are a self-starter with strong troubleshooting skills who will use available resources to research answers to help your customers. You will be expected to become an expert in our business domain and develop the capability to identify a wide variety of information technology issues. You will work closely with a supportive and talented team of user support, training and engineering professionals.
- Provide tier 3 support for mobile application, web site and information technology infrastructure
- Handle help desk escalations through Remedy tickets, e-mail, instant messaging and phone.
- Ability to facilitate and drive the resolution of system failures on conference calls or directly with the end user.
- Troubleshooting skills to identify root cause of user reported problems for mobile and web applications.
- Ability to coordinate multiple teams from different departments to diagnose and identify causes of application and system failures.
- Thorough understanding of web browser based applications, Internet Explorer and browser plugins.
- Understanding of PC connectivity and networking such as Ethernet, TCP/IP and VPN.
- Strong experience using MS-Office, specifically MS-Excel, as a power user to produce reports, charts and analyze data.
- Ability to communicate technical information, both verbal and written, to a wide range of end-users.
- Initiative to follow up on outstanding requests and ensure timely resolution.
- Strong customer service skills.
- BMC Remedy.
- Understanding of web services and system interfaces.
- Experience working with infrastructure teams to troubleshoot server or database issues.
- Experience working with technical teams to identify software application changes built into new releases.
- Technical documentation experience.
- Use screen sharing technology to work with end-user to resolve problems.
- Ability to write SQL queries for ad-hoc reports.
Government Eligibility Requirements:
- Candidate must be able to favorably pass government background investigation.
- BS degree and 8 years relevant experience or equivalent required.
- U.S. Citizenship eligibility requirements.
Do you have what it takes to be mission critical?
Your skills and experience could be mission critical for our Unisys team supporting the Federal Government in their mission to protect and defend our nation, and transform the way government agencies manage information and improve responsiveness to their customers. As a member of our diverse team, you’ll gain valuable career-enhancing experience as we support the design, development, testing, implementation, training, and maintenance of our federal government’s critical systems.
Apply today to become mission critical and help our nation meet the growing need for IT security, improved infrastructure, big data, and advanced analytics.
Unisys is a global information technology company that solves complex IT challenges at the intersection of modern and mission critical. We work with many of the world's largest companies and government organizations to secure and keep their mission-critical operations running at peak performance; streamline and transform their data centers; enhance support to their end users and constituents; and modernize their enterprise applications. We do this while protecting and building on their legacy IT investments. Our offerings include outsourcing and managed services, systems integration and consulting services, high-end server technology, cybersecurity and cloud management software, and maintenance and support services. Unisys has more than 23,000 employees serving clients around the world.
Intone Networks Inc. Commerce City, CO
Job Description: At least have 12+ yrs. of experience with minimum 1-2 + years in AWS ...
Intone Networks Inc. Indianapolis, IN
Job Description: 4 or more years of relevant IT experience, 2 or more years of experience ...
Intone Networks Inc. Indianapolis, IN
Job Description: 4 or more years of relevant IT experience 2 or more years of experience ...
Intone Networks Inc. Secaucus, NJ
Job Description: Need a VB.net Developer SQL Server 2008 exp. API & XML web services ...
Intone Networks Inc Montville, NJ
Duties Partner with other Architecture teams to develop solution designs and review ...
We’re an equal opportunity provider.
All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.
OPTnation.com is not a Consulting Company/Training Company/H1B Sponsor.