Lead - Applications Development Specialist (Cloud ERP)
Ameren – St. Louis, MO
The Applications Development Specialist Lead is primarily responsible for designing, programming, implementing and maintaining computer information systems that provide support for functions within the Company.
Key responsibilities include:
- Contributes strategic vision and integrates a broad range of ideas regarding applications development. Recognized across the organization for applications development expertise and sought as a resource for resolution of unique or complex application development problems. Undertakes the most complex projects involving multiple disciplines and may impact multiple business units.
- Independently designs, programs, implements, and maintains computer information systems to provide support for a variety of functions within the company relating to confidential and non-confidential matters. Also assists in systems planning, scheduling and implementation. Often coordinates with users to determine requirements. Reviews systems under development and related documentation.
- Provide leadership to integrate and extend Oracle Cloud SaaS solutions using Platform as a Service (PaaS) offerings such as Oracle Integration Cloud (OIC), SOA
- Provides Oracle Cloud development thought leadership and expertise.
- Ensure data integrity and successful backup and restoration ability, monitor assigned systems and exercise good project management skills to ensure that changes are successfully implemented and monitored for effect.
- Provide analysis, project management, and programming expertise for a variety of systems. Leads a project team in the analysis, design, and development of business applications.
- Regularly coach other project personnel in most phases of applications systems analysis and programming activities.
- Assists in the planning of future project work.
- Represent the department in meetings.
- Communicates complicated technical concepts effectively to a broad group of stakeholders.
- Keep abreast of developments in computer hardware and software. Participate in studies and recommendations regarding hardware or software.
- Develops applications in a way that complies with architectural standards and established methodologies and practices.
- Monitors implementation activity to ensure architecture and design principles are upheld.
- Monitors and reports to management on project status and outstanding issues.
- Maintain a high degree of integrity to safeguard company position on confidential matters.
- Direct outside consultants/vendors in the development and implementation of applications to insure delivery on-time and within budget.
- Acts as a source of direction, training and guidance for less experienced staff.
- May assume supervisors role on a limited basis in supervisors absence, and may provide input to leadership regarding co-worker performance.
- Bachelors Degree required, preferably in Computer Science, Management Information Systems, Engineering, or equivalent computer related degree from an accredited college or university.
- Masters level degree preferred.
- Ten or more years of relevant applications development experience required, including two or more years of experience leading the design and implementation of large multi-user corporate business applications.
- Twelve years or more of relevant experience may be considered in lieu of the degree requirement.
- Oracle Cloud Software as a Service (SaaS) Technical Development
- Oracle Platform as a Service (PaaS) with a focus on Integration Cloud Service, Java Cloud Service, Database Cloud Service
- Experience with integration development using Oracle Middleware solutions such as SOA Suite / Fusion Middleware.
- Experience Extending Oracle SaaS footprints with PaaS (Creating custom applications and integrating with Oracle Cloud Applications.)
- Experience with Oracle Cloud data conversion
- Technical skills in the creation of BI Publisher Reports; FRS (financial reporting studio) Reports and OTBI (Oracle Transactional Business Intelligence) reports
- Functional concepts and understanding of all Oracle applications.
In addition to the above qualifications, the successful candidate will demonstrate:
- Depth and breadth of business knowledge required.
- Knowledge and experience with the following technologies may be required or preferred based on the position posted, and will be determined during vacancy scoping:
- Programming Languages:.NET, C/C#, JAVA
- Database Management: SQL Server, DB2, Oracle, Sybase
- Tools: Visual Studio
- Platforms: Windows Server, Linux/Unix
- Middleware: MQ Series, ASP.NET, Web Services
- Other programs, skills or tools for unique roles
- Good analytical, communication and facilitation, leadership and human relations skills required.
- May be required to work off-hours for project needs, support/upgrade/outage reasons, and systems implementations.
- May also be required to carry an on-call pager or cell phone to provide the required system support (includes 24x7x365).
Amerens selection process includes a series of interviews and may include candidate testing and/or an individual aptitude or skill-based assessment. Specific details will be provided to qualified candidates.