United States of America
OT999: 1CP - Farmington, CT One Carrier Place, Farmington, CT, 06032 USA
At Otis, were dedicated to reinventing the way people move. As cities reach impossible heights and the digital revolution transforms daily life, our customers are looking to Otis for new ways to keep their world moving. As always, we re ready with a bold vision of the future and the ground-breaking technology to make it happen. You could be part of our next chapter as an Applications Technical Services Manager, responsible for turning business ideas and requirements into solution strategies for evolving business capabilities, and defining concepts and blueprints, providing constraints and guidelines for our platform evolution.
- Conduct hands-on pilots, presentations and training to communicate and explain your concepts to colleagues, the business and external development teams
- Design, develop, implement and improve our state-of-the-art software in collaboration with a team of software developers and testers
- Foster a software development process that is user-centric with leading agile engineering philosophies (test driven development, test automation, continuous integration and delivery)
- Deliver high-quality solutions to our clients by adhering to software design, development and testing best practices
- Develop technology strategy, architecture and roadmap for solutions
- Provide application integration and solution support, working collaboratively with business partners to achieve their strategic goals
- Responsible for the technical oversight and leadership of outside vendors and partners, as well as the internal technical services team
- Track progress, resolve dependencies, evaluate risks and communicate status to management and business stakeholders
- A bachelors degree in computer science, engineering or a directly related field, and/or equivalent work experience is required
- Advance degree preferred
- At least 10 to 12 years of progressive experience working in an Information Technology environment in a problem-solving capacity such as a solution/technical architect or system integrator
- Ability to drive team efficiencies with effective partnerships
- Ability to perform well in a high-pressure, fast-paced environment
- Ability to communicate effectively with multidisciplinary team and articulate technical concepts and ideas
- Experience in working in a service delivery role in a business-critical environment
- A business/end-user focus with a technical background
- Ability to manage multiple tasks and assignments simultaneously
- Ability to work independently in a leadership role with front-line responsibilities
- Experience with multiple programming languages
- Experience with the following web technologies: XML, SPML/SOAP, Web and Application Servers, HTML.
- Experience setting up and installing software on both Windows and Unix (Linux) platforms.
- Experience with Databases (Oracle, Sybase, MSSQL, MySQL).
- Experience with Directories (LDAP, AD).
- Experience with enterprise systems (SAP, JDE, Workday) a plus.
- Familiarity with identity management provisioning systems a plus.
- Excellent communication skills and extensive experience working with clients and partners.
- Experience with QA duties is a plus (usability testing, performance testing, automated testing, test scripts, test cases and test plans).
- Security software or internal IT audit experience a plus.
Otis, a United Technologies company, is the world leader in reliable, efficient and technologically advanced elevators, escalators and people-moving systems. Our revolutionary Gen2 elevators, energy-saving ReGen drives and NCE green escalator have clearly set the industry standard for innovation, safety, and performance. More than 2.4 million Otis elevators and escalators are currently in operation throughout 200 different countries. We are proud to have a global team that continues to rise to the challenges of a fast-moving company. Together, the people of Otis are creating new ideas and opportunities by collaborating across time zones, geographies and cultures. So just imagine where we can take you!
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this link to read the Policy and Terms