The Architecture and Engineering (A&E) Designer I uses Computer Aided Drafting and Design to develop A&E drawings for zoning and construction on wireless tower sites for new construction, modifications associated with collocation/amendment activities, back-up power installations, and other services as required by the A&E team.
- Operate AutoCAD with a basic understanding of national and internal CAD standards.
- Prepare construction drawings that include equipment on towers and in compounds associated with new sites and collocation/amendment activities.
- Evaluate priorities within the appropriate work queues to meet deadlines.
- Collaborate on design matters within the A&E team and Engineering organization.
- Coordinate with the A&E team and equipment vendors to incorporate vendor equipment data in documents and CAD details.
- Create unique detailing and design for basic projects consisting of steel design, electrical engineering, and civil engineering.
- Revise construction drawings in accordance with instructions from the customer and A&E team members; perform a basic self QA/QC of drawings.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Basic knowledge of construction and general engineering concepts.
- Detail oriented with the ability to produce accurate A&E drawings.
- Proficient with computer software programs, including Microsoft Word, Outlook, and Excel.
- Proficient with AutoCAD, 2014 or higher.
- Ability to work with different functional groups and levels of employees throughout the organization to effectively and professionally achieve results.
- Strong follow-up skills; ability to organize timelines and follow up with internal and external customer needs.
- Strong written and oral communication skills, including the ability to present ideas and suggestions clearly and effectively.
- Strong organizational skills; ability to accomplish multiple tasks within agreed upon timeframes through effective prioritization of duties and functions in a fast paced environment.
- Strong track record of building and maintaining solid relationships with internal and external customers and vendors.
- Self-motivated; able to work both independently to complete tasks and respond to requests and with others to utilize their resources and knowledge to identify high quality solutions.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelors degree in a related field or Associates degree in a related field with 1 year of construction, A&E, or telecommunications industry experience required.
Approximately 100% performed in climate-controlled internal office environment working under normal office conditions. Approximately 5% travel may be required in support of the positions responsibilities.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, stand, walk, use hands and fingers to feel and handle, reach with arms and hands, talk and hear. While performing the duties of this job, the employee frequently is required to stoop, kneel and crouch, lift weight or exert a force up to a maximum of 25 pounds.