Area Human Resources Manager
Lehigh Hanson – Seattle, WA
Area Human Resources Manager - PNW
*Job PostingLehigh Hanson is seeking a qualified Area HR Manager. This position will be responsible for leading human resources initiatives in the Pacific Northwest by aligning human capital with the business strategy, the adoption of best practices, and the attraction, development, and retention of employees. The successful candidate must also work closely with PNW senior management and the Region HR team to accomplish objectives in the areas of safety and health, benefits, compensation, employment relations, HR systems, internal communications, leadership development, recruiting, and training.
Some travel in the area of responsibility is required.
What youll get to do
The main responsibilities for this position include:
- Provide human resource services to the business including compensation, benefits, employee relations, performance management, training and development and relocation support
- Advise and counsel management in the areas of Company policy, Federal, State and Municipal Employment Laws, Human Rights, and related legislation
- Counsel internal customers on work related issues at all levels
- Provide sound HR counsel to the areas executive team
- Provide guidance on policies including interpretation and discipline
- With an HR insight, helps determine the short-term and long-term business strategy
- Partners with the Canada Region HR Team to achieve agreed upon objectives
- Leads and facilitates change management
- Ensures that adequate and effective training and development opportunities are provided that meet the business needs
- Effectively manages employee relations issues.
- Ensures compliance requirements are met through organizational and procedural measures, including implementation of Group and NAM guidelines and training.Who we are looking for
We are looking for individuals with the following qualifications:
- Bachelor s degree in Human Resources or related field strongly preferred
- Minimum of 7-10 years HR experience
- Prior experience in a manufacturing setting strongly preferred
- Working knowledge of Federal and State labor and employment laws and regulations is required.
- MSHA knowledge preferred
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Strong attention to detail
- Solid computer skills including MS Office products
- Ability to manage multiple tasks effectively
- Knowledge of change management principles, strategies and techniques required for effectively evaluating, planning, and implementing change in the organization
Job Type: Full-time
- Human Resources: 10 years (Preferred)
- United States (Preferred)