Area Manager(Highway Maintenance Project)
DBI SERVICES – Woodbridge, VA
The position is responsible to oversee the total asset management of one section or area of a highway maintenance project under the oversight of the Project Manager.
SUMMARY OF ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Responsible for the management and operations of one section or area within a Highway Maintenance contract with various Departments of Transportation including the safety of any subordinate staff, subcontractor and the traveling public adjoining local residents and businesses.
- Submit candidate projects needed for the development of work plans for the maintenance and operations of highways within the projects limits to the Project manager or Engineer.
- Manage any technicians, specialty work crews, and subcontractor staff working within the area of responsibility including responsibility for monitoring work progress, conformance to plan, work zone MOT & other set up and other aspects of safety.
- Plan area maintenance activities to perform functions with quality and economy within the timelines requirements of the project.
- Monitor subcontractors with area of responsibility to insure proper performance of work activities to required specifications within budgeting confinements.
- Make sure utilization of current equipment inventory is effective, and that the inventory is of sufficient quantity to handle area maintenance needs.
- Put together long term personnel and equipment scheduling to determine project needs within area of responsibility.
- Insure all subcontracted staff is abiding by all federal, state and local laws within the scope of their subcontracts.
- Monitor fleet of subcontractor vehicles and equipment to insure worthiness, thus not jeopardizing staff or the traveling public.
- Oversee overall facility appearance and maintenance.
- Be available to respond to after hours to investigate complaints and to respond to accidents and incidents within the area of responsibility.
- Document all work within area of responsibility on Daily Inspection Form per established DBiS procedure.
- Supervise staff within project area assigned and recommend any disciplinary actions, terminations and assure staff is competent in assignments.
- Knowledge and experience of highway maintenance equipment, materials, methods and procedures.
- Ability to plan work schedules, assign manpower and equipment needed to accomplish tasks.
- Direct, evaluate, and train others to complete tasks in a safe manner.
- Ability to complete reports, maintain records and basic knowledge of micro-computers.
- Must be able to obtain V-DOT security clearance.
- High school diploma or equivalent preferred, although education or experience may be substituted for education.
Job Type: Full-time
- Highway Maintenance: 1 year (Required)
- Drivers License (Required)
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Retirement plan
- Paid time off