Innogy Renewables US is hiring an Asset Operations Specialist to join our team in Chicago, IL.
Innogy Renewables US LLC is seeking motivated individuals to join a rapidly growing renewable energy business focused on wind and solar power generation in the United States. As a company, we are doing everything we can to create a better, more sustainable energy supply. Join us and help! Do you dare to try out unusual solutions, think innovatively and want to actively help build something worthwhile? Then you should put your pioneer spirit to good use at Innogy Renewables US. Here, every employee contributes to creating a more sustainable energy landscape.
This Asset Operations Specialist reports directly to the Director of Operations US and the selected candidate will actively manage and co-ordinate a series of initiatives to allow the transition of Wind Farms under construction into effective operational sites. Subsequently, manage contracts for a portfolio of Wind Farms to ensure performance and profitability of the assets within the framework of the Strategic Asset Management Plan. You will align strategy and maintain asset contracts to optimize operational positions which ensure life time value from the Wind Farms, using prudent utility and wind industry practices.
The Asset Operations Specialist will be the key interface, on behalf of the Asset and Operations Management department, with the Commercial Department, ensuring that Innogy meets its objective under the respective offtake arrangement and also its obligations under the applicable permits ensuring a License to Operate. Additional duties will include preparing, managing/supervising contractors and the development of systems and procedures for managing service provisions under third party agreements.
Asset Operations Specialist Primary Job Responsibilities:
- Develop, maintain and manage asset procedures, policies, and work practices.
- Develop and integrate ISO55000 Asset management requirements into the Wind Farm portfolio, to include support of Strategical Asset Management Plans and support the sites with the development of Local Asset Management Plans.
- Contribute, engage and integrate innogy O&M best practices through fleet wide support.
- Work with Finance to Manage the overall portfolio future operational budget plan of up to $10m - $30m per annum, including budget preparation & budget forecasting - work with the Site Managers to fulfil these duties. Identify and act upon P&L responsibilities to ensure a high performing portfolio of Wind Farms.
- Work with the regulatory compliance functions to maintain the grid rules - NERC assets and meet NERC CIP requirements. Prepare for and respond to NERC audits.
- Interact and support Central Control Room Function (internal or external) to meet performance targets and improvements.
- Support the sites to address specific site concerns from local, state, and federal agencies.
- Support site Interaction with land owners and wind site neighbors and address any concerns/questions from the stakeholders acting as professional representation.
- On behalf on the US team, lead the interaction with the Fleet Management function to monitor site claim requirements and requests and support appropriate insurance requirements. Manage escalations and claims under contracts with support from other departments including Fleet Management to provide strong evidence-based challenges.
- Supporting sites with Commercial contract management and administration, approving and expediting payments, procurement and budgeting
- Work with specialists in Technical Performance Management (TPM) to ensure best practice exchange and knowledge share across the portfolio of wind Farms.
- Input into the development and construction process of new projects to ensure that asset performance and quality is established for future operation and maintenance.
- Integrate and maintain portfolio operational requirements and data control to meet the requirements of Performance Management reporting and dash board requirements for daily, weekly, monthly status reports as needed. Ensure portfolio Alarm standards and requirements are managed to provide accurate and consistent reporting.
- Co-ordinate the portfolios reporting requirements to ensure appropriate measurement and License to Operate are met.
- Meet reporting requirements of Innogy and ISO55000.
Asset Operations Specialist Job Requirements:
- Experience of managing teams and contractors in an asset and operational management environment.
- Formal Engineering/ Commercial/Technical qualification to degree or equivalent.
- The ability to assimilate engineering concepts and technical terminology and communicate clearly to investors, non-engineers, customers and 3rd parties.
- Experience of contract management including the development of contract strategies.
- Ability to understand, control, and manage mitigation of business risk within the portfolio and a strong commitment to asset management.
- An appreciation of renewables technology and the constraints that places on site design, operations and maintenance processes.
- The ability to understand and support the roles of other teams, such as Development, Finance, Commercial, Projects, Engineering, Health & Safety, Operations.
- Ability to absorb and process often complex and potentially conflicting information
- Strong influencing/negotiation skills along with excellent communication and reporting skills
- Strong commercial awareness with the ability to influence and develop process and contractual positions to achieve best value for assets.
- Commercial awareness of procurement processes and legal framework for contracts. Basic SAP knowledge would be an advantage.
- A willingness to travel will be required.
Apply today for the Asset Operations Specialist job online at http://innogyusjobs.com/.
Innogy Renewables US is an equal opportunity employer.