Under the supervision of the Director / Nurse Manager, the Assistant Clinical Manager assumes both a clinical and management role. This position is responsible to plan, organize, and direct the provision of patient care services within the department. The Assistant Clinical Manager is to assist in the development, implementation, and monitoring of budgets, quality improvement programs, staffing levels, goals, objectives, regulatory compliance, and policies within the department. Also the Assistant Clinical Manager is to assist in the evaluation and discipline of personnel.
PRINCIPLE DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. In collaboration with Director/ Nurse Manager, plans and implements management strategies, goals and objectives appropriate to the units operations.2. Provides unit leadership on the off-shift at least 75% of time worked.3. Coordinates staffing assignments. Delegates work based on acuity, care giver skill, and competency.4. Collects data and monitors patient charts for appropriate documentation and follow through of orders. Evaluates through observation, the delivery of patient care to ensure that care is provided in accordance with hospital policy and regulatory standards.5. Provides communication to staff in a timely manner.6. Serves as a clinical resource and mentor.7. Regularly performs the work of staff nurse per budgeted expectations and based on unit needs.8. Assists in supervising the in-service education program and follows up to evaluate effectiveness and to determine the need for revision of methods and materials. (May work with Nurse Educator/Unit Educator/CNS to provide.)9. Maintains a working knowledge of applicable Federal, State and local laws and regulations as well as other policies and procedures in order to ensure adherence in a manner that reflects honest, ethical and professional behavior.10.Responsible for informing the Director/ Nurse Manager of nursing activities, needs, problems, and unusual events.11.Assists in the review and evaluation of unit personnel.12.Assumes 24-hour responsibility for the administrative management in collaboration with nurse manager for designated patient care area.13.Makes recommendations to the Director/ Nurse Manager to hire, promote, and discipline nursing service employees.14.Promotes HFHS Quality Initiatives and Service Excellence Initiatives. Establishes effective working relationships with other departments.15.Conducts shift huddles.16.Frequent communication with Director/ Nurse Manager regarding informationpertinent to patient care; employees to discuss patient care plan; patient andfamilies to discuss patient needs and resolve complaints and problems; physicians to discuss patients condition; department procedures and orders; the general public (e.g. vendors, community groups) to receive information on new equipment and promote community relations.17.Makes routine nursing round/ audits on personnel, time cards, equipment, materials, supplies, etc.18.Responsible for environment of care, including infection control and emergency preparedness.
. EDUCATION/EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
- Bachelor of Science in Nursing.
- Two years RN experience.
- Current RN license in the State of Michigan.
- BCLS/ACLS per units standard.
- Certifications appropriate for specific unit.
Henry Ford Health System, one of the largest and most comprehensive integrated U.S. health
care systems, is a national leader in clinical care, research and education. The system includes
the 1,200-member Henry Ford Medical Group, five hospitals, Health Alliance Plan (a health
insurance and wellness company), Henry Ford Physician Network, a 150-site ambulatory
network and many other health-related entities throughout southeast Michigan, providing a
full continuum of care. In 2015, Henry Ford provided $299 million in uncompensated care.
The health system also is a major economic driver in Michigan and employs more than 24,600
employees. Henry Ford is a 2011Malcolm Baldrige National Quality Award recipient. The
health system is led by President and CEO Wright Lassiter III. To learn more, visit HenryFord.com.
Whether it s offering a new medical option, helping you make healthier lifestyle choices or
making the employee enrollment selection experience easier, it s all about choice. Henry
Ford Health System has a new approach for its employee benefits program - My Choice
Rewards. My Choice Rewards is a program as diverse as the people it serves. There are
dozens of options for all of our employees including compensation, benefits, work/life balance
and learning - options that enhance your career and add value to your personal life. As an
employee you are provided access to Retirement Programs, an Employee Assistance Program
(Henry Ford Enhanced), Tuition Reimbursement, Paid Time Off, Employee Health and Wellness
and access to day care services at Bright Horizons Midtown Detroit, and a whole host of other
benefits and services. Employee s classified as contingent status are not eligible for benefits.
Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer
Equal Employment Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer Henry Ford Health System is
committed to the hiring, advancement and fair treatment of all individuals without regard to
race, color, creed, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability, veteran status, size, height,
weight, marital status, family status, gender identity, sexual orientation, and genetic information,
or any other protected status in accordance with applicable federal and state laws.