Student Services Officer 2
Job Code: ****93
Job Grade: H
FTE: ****93%, Exempt
Stanford Pre-Collegiate Studies (SPCS) is the home of academic programs that advance the education of academically talented, intellectually curious, pre-college students. Since our founding, we have hosted thousands of students in our commuter and summer residential programs. Our impact is global and life-long, and it is due to the strength of our staff and Stanford University s commitment to excellence.
The offerings of SPCS include a diverse array of academic enrichment programs that take place on the Stanford campus during the summer as well as during the academic year.
We are seeking an Assistant Director of Admissions who, under the supervision of the Senior Associate Director of Academic Programs, will assist in the development and implementation of strategies to recruit and enroll students. Under minimal supervision, the Assistant Director of Admissions will administer, implement and interpret admissions policies and procedures.
**Please note that Stanford Pre-Collegiate Studies will move to Stanfords new Redwood City Campus in September ****93**
Your responsibilities include:
- As a member of a project team, manage the overall admissions process in the Slate admissions software platform. Serve as the main point person overseeing admissions process workflows for three summer programs and two academic year programs that take place on Stanfords main campus. Coordinate with other staff and external vendors to test updated and new systems. Document all workflows and establish guidelines based on admissions data and trends to ensure integration with the SPCS student information system and database.
- Manage admitted applicant data to optimize individual course enrollments. Review financial aid requests, monitor number of enrollments and available space, manage special requests and waitlists, and make final decisions on the above.
- Collect data from multiple sources; produce and maintain reports on enrollment and application data, oversee and provide guidance on complex tasks related to enrollment, student records, housing, tuition and refunds.
- Train and supervise temporary employees, including approximately forty application reviewers and one temporary coordinator. Lead annual admissions reviewer training sessions.
- Collaborate with staff to approve and resolve complex issues related to admissions. Support the Operations and Marketing teams in troubleshooting applicant questions and problems regarding online systems, and managing special requests from applicants.
- Serve as a subject matter resource to other departments; represent unit/department.
May attend national and regional meetings and conferences to represent the department at the SPCS booth to provide information about our programs.
- Contribute to identifying trends, needs analysis, participate in the implementation and testing of technology. For example, support the updating, enhancement, and management of the online applications and internal database tools to assure efficient workflow.
- Contribute to development of marketing materials and strategies, assist in planning and developing programming activities and outreach functions. Coordinate with SPCS Marketing to update marketing materials according to programmatic changes and shifts in marketing focus.
- Contribute to developing and analyzing review process of course offerings and SPCS policies and programs. For example, collect relevant data and analyze application trends and participant feedback to inform annual course offering decisions.
- - Other duties may also be assigned
To be successful in this position, you will bring:
- Bachelors degree and 3 years relevant experience or combination of education and relevant experience.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Excellent reading comprehension skills.
- Strong organizational, planning and time management skills.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and make distinctions among competitive applicants.
- Professional presentation skills.
- Project management experience and the ability to collaborate effectively with a range of internal and external partners.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
- Enthusiasm for learning new technologies and software.
- Please note: Visa sponsorship is not available for this position. All candidates must be eligible to work in the U.S.
- Frequently sit, perform desk-based computer tasks.
- Occasionally stand, walk, twist, use fine manipulation, grasp, use a telephone, write by hand, sort and file paperwork, lift, carry, push, and pull objects that weigh up to ****93 pounds.
- Consistent with its obligations under the law, the University will provide reasonable accommodation to any employee with a disability who requires accommodation to perform the essential functions of the job.
How to Apply
We invite you to apply for this position by clicking on the Apply for Job button. To be considered, please submit a cover letter and resume along with your online application.