Assistant Resident Engineer
Fastech Consulting Engineers – New York, NY
Fastech Consulting Engineering is a fast growing Civil Engineering firm. We have an immediate need of an Assistant Resident Engineer for our client NYCDDC in New York City, who will be reporting directly to the assigned Field Resident Engineer.
Responsibilities and Duties
The duties include:
- Responsible for administration of construction contract works, and assist the RE with the prompt exchange of correspondence, submittals, and RFI s to all contractors.
- Orient, assign and supervise the construction inspection staff on a daily basis so that all contractor activities are adequately covered.
- Supervise and remain vigilant regarding all aspects of the construction activities. Respond with appropriate and necessary levels of construction supervision to provide quality assurance in accordance with contract documents.
- Coordinate the interface of the construction work with other contractors on the site. Orient inspectors to verify that contractor is following his approved site Health & Safety plan.
- Review the contractor s progress at all times. Monitor the material incorporated in the work, the materials stored at the site, and the contractor s manpower and equipment.
- Attend weekly, monthly, and other progress meetings held at the site as required by the SRE. Identify constraints and recommend corrective measures.
- Review inspector s daily reports and preparation of engineer s daily diary, and general oversight of inspector s daily activities including works assignments, on-site performance, and guidance on the supervision of the contractor s operations.
- Coordination with contractor s supervisory personnel regarding schedule, sequence, and method of work.
Qualifications and Skills
- Qualifications for the Assistant Resident Engineer should include the following:
- BS Engineering from an accredited college.
- 5+ years experience in construction inspection or management of infrastructure construction projects including Roadway Improvements/Streetscapes/Water Mains/Sewers etc. Experience with NYCDDC is a plus.
- Strong written, oral, communication, organization skills will be required.
- Experience with Microsoft Office Suite, Microsoft Project and related PC software packages used in design and construction projects
Fastech offers competitive salaries and benefits including medical, paid time off, paid holidays, and a 401K profit sharing plan. To express interest, submit your resume via fax to 201-591-7974, or e-mail to [email protected]
Must have legal authorization to work in the US for consideration.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE) Company.
Job Type: Full-time