Assistant Store Manager (ASM) - Portofino Shopping Center - Carter\'s & OshKosh B\'gosh
Carter\'s OshKosh B\'gosh Retail – Shenandoah, TX
The Assistant Store Manager (ASM) in partnership with the Store Manager is responsible to drive the financial results through exceptional store standards, execution of company strategies, and positive customer interaction. The ASM supports the Store Manager with customer engagement, operational execution, people management, and the merchandising of the store. The ASM supports the team in fostering a positive work environment to ensure employee and customer satisfaction. This position has no direct reports but is responsible for partnering with the management team on the coaching, training, and performance of the store team.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTION (TASKS, DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITES)
Invest in People:
- Communicates professionally and effectively with the team (Management and Sales Associates).
- Fosters a positive work environment for both internal and external customers.
- Assists the Store Manager in building and maintaining a successful team by participating in recruiting, hiring, training, and development of team.
- Provides feedback to the Store Manager on performance and progress of Supervisors and Sales Associates.
- Utilizes company tools including onboarding materials to train and develop associates to ensure execution of all store operations while Sales Leader on duty.
- Trains DOR (Division of Responsibility) Experts to be a resource in their respective area.
- Recognizes and rewards exceptional performance and redirects employees when needed to increase employee engagement.
- Exemplifies the expectations of the Sales Leader on duty and consistently models strong customer service behaviors.
- Effectively analyzes the business and take necessary action to improve results.
- Partners with store team to generate sales to meet and exceed goals to last year and budget.
- Effectively manages payroll and scheduling during Sales Leader on Duty shifts.
- Communicates KPIs (Key Performance Indicators) to the team through effective use of the daily sales planner.
- Supports Store Manager with asset protection through a consistent level of customer service, education, and operational controls.
- Monitors and enforces the use of all company tools to plan, track, and report completion of tasks and financial results.
- Provides feedback to SM on completion of all operational assignments and opportunities on merchandise handling.
- Maintains a strong and genuine customer focus on the sales floor at all times.
- Monitors and adheres to all safety regulations and policies as directed by the company.
- Consistently models the brands service standards while coaching others to success.
- Partners with the store team to maintain company standards of a neat, clean, and organized store.
- Builds customer loyalty through company sponsored programs.
- Contributes to and leads the team on delivering customer service consistently by engaging talent, and encouraging positive customer interactions.
- As Sales Leader on Duty executes merchandising standards including visual, signage, markdowns and sales promotions.
- Utilizes reactionary merchandising to maintain store standards based on sell thru and/or assortment levels.
- Partners with Store Manager on promotional planning, markdown execution, and product placement.
- Manages efficient and effective handling of all merchandise from shipment to sales floor.
Drive for Results
Managing and Measuring Work
Developing Direct Reports
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
- High school diploma or GED minimum requirement, BS/BA degree preferred.
- Minimum of 1-3 years retail management experience.
- Demonstrated leadership and supervisory skills.
- Demonstrated customer engagement skills.
- Ability to communicate effectively with customers, team, and supervisor.
- Must be able to build relationships in order to foster teamwork and develop partnerships.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks concurrently.
- Basic computer skills.
- Flexible availability is required. Eight hour shifts and an average of 40 hours per week: including evenings, weekends, holidays and occasional overnights. A minimum of two closing shifts a week.
- Ability to lift 40 pounds on a regular basis.
- Ability to stand for long periods of time; climb up and down a ladder.
- Constant walking and standing; frequent bending, stooping and reaching.
- Ability to travel as needed.
NOTE: This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. The duties described may be changed or reassigned at the discretion of management, and the employee may be required to perform duties that are not listed in the job description.