Associate Director, Student Affairs
Job Id : 4315
Jobtitle : Associate Director, Student Affairs
Location : New York, NY
Company Name : Columbia University
Industry : Information Technology
Salary : $65,000 - $115,000 YEAR
Job type : Fulltime
Posted on: 2019-08-21
Required Skills : Excellent Interpersonal, Communication, And Organizational Skills.
Benefits : No benefits are available
- Ensures an outstanding educational experience and builds a strong sense of community by working with the class as a whole, and with individual members of the class from admission through graduation.
- Serves as project manager for class activities, orientation, and residence weeks, and acts as project lead for all EMBA-NY recognition ceremonies.
- Creates the clusters and learning teams for all EMBA-NY cohorts.
- Works alongside the Senior Associate Director of Academic Affairs on various academic projects, initiatives, and presentations including the preparation and management of reports and documents for use in the elective course selection process.
- Proactively communicates EMBA schedules, policies, procedures, and other notices, and provides timely responses to inquiries and requests, representing the EMBA administration.
- Assists students with course registration. Holds advising sessions and monitors student academic progress to ensure students meet enrollment, degree, and graduation requirements.
- Solicits student feedback and monitors class dynamics. Works with the academic and cluster representatives to schedule calls and meetings.
- Acts as a collaborative member of the Academic and Student Affairs teams and Executive MBA team as a whole.
- Updates and maintains the content of designated portions of the EMBA student website.
- Supports the International Seminar program by traveling to international locations to provide on-site student and logistical support.
- Manages the Assistant Director of Student Affairs, delineating tasks, manages their work schedule, offers coaching and training where needed, and delivers their annual performance review.
- Performs special projects as needed.
Minimum Qualifications :
- Bachelor's degree and/or its equivalent required. 3-5 year related experience required.
- Excellent interpersonal, communication, and organizational skills required.
- Strong service-oriented approach and a commitment to ensuring the best possible experience for students. Professionalism and judgment in representing Columbia Business School and EMBA with students, professors, and senior administrators at Columbia Business School, and with outside clients, vendors, and partner institutions.
- Ability to manage changing priorities and multiple projects.
- Must be computer proficient. Discretion and a keen sense of fairness and empathy in dealing with sensitive and confidential matters.
- Ability to travel and work on assigned Saturdays and Sundays required.
Preferred Qualifications :
- Three to five years higher education experience preferred.
- Equal Opportunity Employer / Disability / Veteran
- Columbia University is committed to the hiring of qualified local residents.
Reporting to the Senior Director of EMBA Programs, the Associate Director of Student Affairs manages and executes student affairs policies and activities for the EMBA-NY student populations, as well as serve as the primary point of contact for multiple clusters of EMBA students, providing guidance and assistance with all aspects of a student's Executive MBA experience in a professional and effective manner. The Associate Director directly supervises the Assistant Director of Student Affairs, ensuring quality of service.
Columbia University is one of the world's most important centers of research and at the same time a distinctive and distinguished learning environment for undergraduates and graduate students in many scholarly and professional fields. The University recognizes the importance of its location in New York City and seeks to link its research and teaching to the vast resources of a great metropolis. It seeks to attract a diverse and international faculty and student body, to support research and teaching on global issues, and to create academic relationships with many countries and regions. It expects all areas of the university to advance knowledge and learning at the highest level and to convey the products of its efforts to the world.