Associate Director, Strategic Accounts - Nestlé Health Science
NHSC – Bridgewater, NJ
Created in 2011, Nestl Health Science (NHSc) is motivated by the opportunity to forge a major therapeutic role for nutrition in the management of health and establish a new industry between food and pharmaceuticals. The two elements of the equation are simple; societies are ageing and age and lifestyle related diseases are spiraling. Needs are expanding for safe, effective and cost-effective solutions. At the same time, scientific understanding of health, disease and the potential of nutrition as an integral part of handling health and disease is growing. As a wholly-owned subsidiary of Nestl, we have over 3,000 employees around the world with a wide mix of capabilities from bio-medical engineers to regulatory specialists, medical delegates (sales force) and health economic authorities that reflect our dynamism and intent to invent. POSITION SUMMARY
As the Associate Director of Strategic Accounts, you will be responsible for the national Integrated Delivery Network (IDN) strategy and execution for Nestl Health Science. You would manage a Strategic Accounts team to achieve/exceed KPIs and sales goals while continuing to develop a high performance team capabilities including coaching, mentoring, and driving Key Account Management Excellence and sales performance. You will also coordinate and manage organizational resources to achieve business opportunities by reviewing and evaluating pipelines, and focused efforts to improve account strategy, and performance of assigned strategic accounts nationwide.KEY RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Leading teams to meet/exceed sales objectives including sales growth and profitability targets in assigned Integrated Delivery Networks (IDNs)
- Working collaboratively with the VP of Commercial Sales to define specific and measureable call objectives and account tactics that will mutually drive results with top down and bottom up account penetration
- Monitoring sales team performance, analyzing sales data and metrics, and periodical forecasting allowing sales team to meet/exceed defined organization sales metrics/goals.
- In partnering with National Account teams and field sales and Customer Development, you will proactively lead development of account-specific sales strategies, implementation plans, or marketing programs within assigned strategic accounts. Executing against plans alone and in partnership with NA team, field sales, and CD teams and monitors progress against plans.
- Leading assigned Strategic Account Managers focused on strategy and execution plans to generate profitable sales growth
- Participating in the development and execution of short and long-range plans in support of National Accounts, provides insight around decision-making processes and contacts, key thought leaders and key topics to address within network
- Evaluating strategic pricing proposals when required for assigned accounts.
- Analyzing customer and Nestls objectives to ensure mutual achievement of respective contract and business objectives.
- Partnering with internal partners to lead the development of pricing and negotiation of assigned contracts.
- Increasing the organizations ability to track field performance/activity and sales results by recording sales activity on a consistent and regular basis in the sales reporting systems (CRM). Using information and data points for call preparation/follow-up and to record market intelligence data.
- Coaching and developing assigned Strategic Account Managers on business acumen, account penetration and account planning, to elevate conversations had within the C Suite to bring strategic solutions to customers assuring selling messaging to the Value Proposition
- Providing coaching and guidance to Field Sales on National Account strategies and plans.
- Staying abreast of industry and competitive activities and updates account plans appropriately. Participating in sales meetings, conventions, seminars and other activities on an as-needed basis.
- Developing and presenting quarterly business reviews with leadership.
- Must be willing to travel up to 75% for field coaching, customer meetings and to company meetings when planned.
KEY RELATIONSHIPS (Internal)
Sales Management & Training teams/ Field Sales team
Local Customer Development, Marketing , Business Operations, Medical, Market Access and National Accts Team
KEY RELATIONSHIPS (External)
C level and Senior VP level relationships Customers and KOLs / Distributor Partners
EXPERIENCE AND EDUCATION REQUIREMENTS:
- Bachelors degree with a focus in Business, Marketing or a Medical Science. MBA preferred.
- 7+ years medical/clinical selling experience in a hospital setting required with key account management experience selling to C-suite strongly preferred.
- 7+ years of leadership experience with demonstrated track record of success building, developing and inspiring high performance teams
- Experience managing complex, cross-functional projects.
- Demonstrated capability to successfully plan and execute key corporate initiatives
- Demonstrated solid financial and analytical skills
- Demonstrated ability to orchestrate consistent and corporate level decision support
- Key Accounts Strategy & Structure
- System Knowledge Microsoft Office, Veeva, STS/Vistex
- Must be highly motivated, articulate, self-directed, and demonstrate excellent communication, organizational and problem solving skills.
- Must be able to work well within a fast-paced environment, and have a proven ability to manage sales responsibilities.
- Strong business acumen and negotiation skills a requirement, as is the ability to adapt well within rapidly changing work and industry environments.
- Ability to develop solid and long-standing relationships with customers is extremely important.
- Computer literacy and aptitude a must including advanced skills in Excel, Word, and PowerPoint.
- Core knowledge of the 10 Principles and expert knowledge in our areas of responsibility.
The Nestl Companies are equal employment and affirmative action employers and looking for diversity in qualified candidates for employment.