Associate EMS Power Technology Engineer
California ISO – Folsom, CA
Under the close supervision of the Manager, develops the skills, knowledge and ability to maintain the performance, integrity, security and continuous improvement of the Energy Management System (EMS), including the State Estimator (SE) and associated Network Applications (real-time contingency analysis, Dispatcher Load Flow, etc.).
What s In It for You
Our purpose is to lead the way to tomorrow s energy network. Make a difference and impact millions of people who depend on electricity in their everyday lives.
- You get to work on interesting and challenging assignments that will help grow your skill set.
- You will work in an extremely collaborative environment inside our LEED certified Folsom, California campus.
- You will be challenged, be a part of a winning team, and your contributions will be rewarded and recognized.
What You Will Be Doing
- Learns and assists with proactive enhancements, improvements and issue remediation for Real Time Power System Applications, including State Estimator, Contingency Analysis, and Dispatcher Load Flow for both Energy Management System (EMS) and Real Time Nodal (RTN) Market.
- Learns and participates in proactive enhancements, process improvements and issue remediation as well as execution of the Full Network Model build and deployment processes.
- Learns to maximize EMS uptime and mitigate system failures.
- Assists and supports troubleshooting of technical problems that result from data communications, equipment, or systems failures.
- Assists with providing 24x7 technical support for EMS-related issues including State Estimator (SE) and associated Network Applications (real-time contingency analysis, Dispatcher Load Flow, etc.).
Level of Education and Discipline:
- A Bachelor s degree (BS) in Electrical Engineering required. Power Systems focus preferred.
Amount of Experience:
- This is an entry-level position, no experience required.
- Professional Engineering certification desired.
Type of Experience:
- Coursework in power systems modeling using software such as PSS\E or PSFL, EMS applications, or contingency/load flow analysis applications. Familiarity with ABB or Siemens EMS systems is beneficial.
Additional Skills and Abilities:
- Demonstrates the ability to work effectively in a team environment as a facilitator and team member.
- Ability to provide practical and feasible solutions to problems, keeping multiple conflicting considerations into account.
- Strong interpersonal, communication, and writing skills required.
- Strong analytical skills are required, including the ability to effectively communicate complex technical materials and concepts in a non-technical manner.
- Must be able to handle a dynamic and changing work environment, and work independently.
- Strong computer skills in Microsoft Office Suite.
- Self-motivated, problem solving skills and the ability to influence others without direct authority.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.