The purpose of this position is to support HNA business development opportunities through the execution of strategies and tactics required to achieve business development goals. Individual in this position will work closely with assigned business development and sales staff to assist in achievement of fiscal goals and attracting new customers/business to HIMSS.
1. Acts as a sales liaison for current and prospective clients; manage inbound leads, account set-up and booking of standard Global Conference exhibition space.
2. Provides sales support to the Director, Business Development by having a solid understanding of product dynamics, market trends, competitor features, and consumer rational and make recommendations to help achieve revenue goals. Will manage campaigns with marketing staff to include audience identification, drafting and executing effective email pushes, and administering direct mail.
3. Day-to-Day financial reconciliation with the HIMSS Finance Department and Salesforce; provide accurate reports and analysis of data to assist Director and GM with sales strategy.
4. Analyze and interpret email campaign open rates and provide lead generation and follow up to business development/sales team.
5. Supports Sales Program Manager as additional contact for HIMSS exhibition software company (MYS).
6. Provides support and backup to Sales Program Manager to interpret contracts and contract process working with Finance and others
7. In-depth utilization of Salesforce.com and participate in overall HIMSS Salesforce training and data management. Creates reports and dashboards for business development/sales team to develop and track pipeline and performance.
8. Analyze and interpret email campaign open rates and provide lead generation and follow up to business development/sales team.
1. All duties as assigned to achieve HIMSS goals and objectives.
2. Perform other related duties as required or assigned that contribute to the effectiveness of the department and to accomplish strategic goals and objectives.
1. Bachelors Degree, or equivalent experience, in sales related field.
2. A minimum of two (2) years of related work experience; experience in business development or exhibits industry preferred.
3. Outstanding analytical skills with ability to achieve results in a complex environment
4. Proficient in Microsoft Excel
5. Experience with Salesforce (CRM) strongly preferred
6. Excellent written and verbal communication and presentation skills.
7. Outstanding interpersonal skills
8. Customer focused with assertive, self-confident personality
9. Superior planning skills, both strategic and tactical
10. Ability to build collaborative relationships
11. Background or knowledge in information systems and technology is an asset
KeHE Distributors - Naperville, IL
Walters Daniels Construction - Chicago, IL
Copado Solutions - Chicago, IL
The Foth Companies - Chicago, IL
Donnelley Financial Solutions - Chicago, IL