LakePharma is a leading biologics company specializing in antibody and protein engineering, cell line development, and protein production. Our services can be fully integrated, creating a customized solution for all our customers molecular biology, cell line, and protein needs. We just raised $30m in growth equity from Summit Partners & Ampersand Capital Partners for expansion purposes.
We are rapidly growing and seeking a talented individual to join our Process Sciences Team. As an Associate Scientist/ Scientist, you will report directly to the Senior Scientist Process Sciences and will be based in our Hopkinton office.
The successful candidate will be able to work with limited guidance to plan and execute studies and be able to perform routine maintenance on instruments and equipment. Primary duties and responsibilities include:
- Perform cell culture for production of biomolecules using mammalian and/or insect systems.
- Characterize samples using Vi-CELL, Cedex, HPLC, and Octet.
- Perform filtration process development studies (depth filtration, UF/DF)
- Purify biologics via pump or AKTA-based chromatography
- Provide general lab support and management.
- Communicate project updates and technical reports to supervisor and senior level management.
- Identify and promptly troubleshoot technical issues.
- Keen in learning new methods and techniques.
- Flexibility to multi-task across numerous scientific disciplines.
The incumbent will be responsible for assisting in the development of cell culture and purification parameters to support both pDNA and protein manufacturing. The employee will be responsible for general lab support, executing projects within the laboratory, writing study/research plans, and summarizing data to clients and colleagues via technical reports. The position requires a drive to provide outstanding customer service by maintaining regular communications with clients, as well as meeting or exceeding quality and timeline expectations.
- BS (2+ years industry experience) in Biochemistry, Biophysics, Biology, Chemistry, or Chemical Engineering.
- Experience in mammalian and/or insect expression systems (Wave, bioreactor) is required.
- Experience in protein purification is a plus.
- Good organizational skills are required.
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced work environment.
- Must be able to clearly and accurately present written data and be comfortable with oral presentations.
- Independent, collaborative, team player.
- Excellent multi-tasking abilities and exceptional attention to details are required.
To be successful in this role, you are organized and a clear communicator. Youre even-keeled, upbeat, responsive and thrive working in a fast-paced, innovative environment while remaining flexible, proactive, resourceful and efficient.
We strive to foster a work environment where you can develop and grow within the organization. And we are willing to invest into our human capital. The next step is yours. We invite you to begin your career with us. To apply today, click on the Apply online button.
LakePharma is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.