Associate Scientist, QC Methods
Accelerate Diagnostics Inc. – Tucson, AZ
Position Title: Associate Scientist, QC Methods
The Associate Scientist, Design Transfer and QC Methods will work closely with the Team Lead to perform the necessary projects and experimentation to ensure that products developed in the Assay Development or Instrument Development functions are adjusted, calibrated and optimized to be seamlessly transferred to the Manufacturing Operations Group for efficient and effective production. The Associate Scientist will also be responsible for the improvement in the design and execution of experiments performed by the QC Team to ensure that incoming materials from external vendors are optimized for integration into Accelerate consumable or instrument systems. They will conduct high complexity laboratory testing with indirect supervision, as well as plan coordinate, evaluate and supervise all assigned project activities.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Lead small to mid-scale projects and QC methods development.
- Performs laboratory experiments, as assigned/needed and execute analysis/interpretation on collected data with key stakeholders.
- Coordinate information between development teams and Operations, identifying problems and causes of problems in project plan or schedule, equipment, data and results, or work procedures. Recommends practical solutions to Team Lead.
- Researches and proposes new methods or procedures.
- Prepare buffers, growth media, other reagents, and antibiotic stocks as required for experimentation.
- Assist in all aspects of lab workflow and project management.
- Maintains open communication with Team Lead and other team members to accomplish project milestones.
- Bachelors degree in Microbiology, Biochemistry, Molecular Biology, or related field will be preferred.
- Minimum of 2 years related lab experience; research and/or development environment, preferred.
- Experience in the field of Microbiology is required.
- Experience with routine lab techniques and procedures including aseptic technique.
- Excellent organizational skills and a methodical approach to experimentation.
- Microbiological culture and testing experience.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Experience working within a design control environment is desirable
- Familiarity with risk assessments, design of experiments, stability and verification/validation process preferred.
- Basic computing skills with Windows, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint. Familiarity with data analysis programs/scripts including JMP, Python, and Jupyter is a plus.