Lone Tree - CO, DENR3, 9800 Schwab Way, 80124
We believe that, when done right, investing liberates people to create their own destiny. We are driven by our purpose to champion every clients goals with passion and integrity. We respect and appreciate the diversity of our employees, our clients, and the communities we serve. We challenge conventions strategically to create value for our clients, our firm and the world. We live and bring to life the concept of own your tomorrow every day. We champion our employee strengths, guide their development, and invest in their long-term success. We hire optimistic, results-oriented, curious, innovative, and adaptable people with the desire to help our clients and one another succeed.
As a company, we were established by Chuck over 40 years ago to champion Main Street over Wall Street, and to help Americans transform themselves from earners to owners. Through advocacy and innovation, we work to make investing more affordable, accessible and understandable for all. As we enter our fifth decade, we are looking for talented, innovative and driven people who believe they can help themselves, and our clients, create a better future.
We are looking for a motivated junior developer to join our UI applications development team.
What youll do:
- As a member of the development team you will participate in the design and implementation of Web Site, desktop, and RESTful web services for Advisor Services Technology (AST).
- You will also participate in various software engineering projects using advanced development patterns, object oriented programming, and component-based architecture.
- You must actively collaborate with the team in ongoing product development, including design, development, review, integration, test, and deployment activities.
- You must have the ability to be self-directed and able to work with an extended, distributed team to deliver products in a timely manner.
- You must have the mindset to always place our customers first and quickly address production technical support issues on several different platforms.
- Finally, you should be comfortable in a fast-paced development environment that continually embraces the latest technologies and techniques
What you have:
- BA/BS degree in Computer Science or related technical field.
- Experience in writing code fixes and tools to solve problems in C#/.Net, Java, and experience in optimizing code for performance, stability, functionality and scalability.
- Experience or previous project assignments with Data Structures, design patterns, and Algorithms (i.e. selecting and implementing an algorithm, using data structures to solve a problem.) Experience creating algorithms that improve a products capabilities, speed, efficiency, or reliability.
- Experience with data structures, branching, function-calls, and conditionals as well as debugging code and submitting the appropriate fix.
- Previous tech internships or relevant work experience programming in C-based languages such as C#/.Net, Java.
- Experience manipulating code to improve system availability and latency.
- Experience with improving inventing or demonstrating the value of new algorithms that improve a product s capabilities, speed, efficiency and reliability.
- Skill in isolating problems to a database subsystem.
- Knowledge of Agile/Scrum development
- Excellent people interaction, written, and verbal communication skills
- Experience with troubleshooting and providing technical support on production systems
What youll get:
- Comprehensive Compensation and Benefits package
- Financial Health: 401k Match, Employee Stock Purchase Plan, Employee Discounts, Personalized advice, Brokerage discounts
- Work/Life Balance: Sabbatical, Paid Parental Leave, New Mothers returning to work Program, Tuition Reimbursement Programs, Time off to volunteer, Employee Matching Gifts Program
- Everyday Wellness: Health and Lifestyle Wellness Rewards, Onsite Fitness Classes, Healthy Food Choices, Wellness Champions
- Inclusion: Employee Resource Groups, Commitment to diversity, Strategic partnerships
- Not just a job, but a career, with an opportunity to do the best work of your life
Learn more about [email protected]
Schwab is committed to building a diverse and inclusive workplace where everyone feels valued. As an equal employment opportunity employer, our policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants without regard to any status that is protected by law. (Please click here to see policy.) Schwab is also an affirmative action employer, focused on advancing women, minorities, veterans, and individuals with disabilities in the workplace. We believe diversity and inclusion are part of our success as a company and our purpose of serving every client with passion and integrity.
If you need an accommodation in the application process, please email [email protected] or call HR Direct at 800-725-3535.
Job Specifications Relocation Offered?: No
Work Schedule: Days
Languages: English - spoken
Current Licenses / Certifications: None
Relevant Work Experience: IT-Distributed and Web Development-less than 2yrs
Position Located In: CO - Lone Tree
Job Type: Full Time
Activation Date: Monday, June 17, 2019
Expiration Date: Saturday, August 31, 2019