TestPros is a successful and growing business, established in 1988 to provide Information Technology (IT) technical support services to a wide range of Commercial and U.S. Federal, State, and Local Government customers. Our capabilities include Program Management, Program Oversight, Process Audit, Intelligence Analysis, Cyber Security, Computer Forensics, Software Assurance, Software Testing, Test Automation, Section 508 Accessibility Assessment, Localization Testing, Independent Verification and Validation (IV&V), Quality Assurance (QA), Compliance, and Research and Development (R&D) services. TestPros is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
The role of the Test Automation Engineer is to help our team to plan for, design, develop, and use test automation frameworks and test scripts in a newly-established agile, DevOps environment. The individual in this role must be credible based on hands-on test automation experience, be highly motivated, and enjoy performing multi-faceted tasks in a team environment.
This position requires full U.S. Citizenship with the ability to pass a Department of Homeland Security (DHS) background investigation (criminal, financial). You will work out of our Crystal City, VA offices, with travel to Arlington and occasionally other work sites in the Washington DC metro area.
- Provide the design and development of automated tests using test automation tools such as Selenium and associated test automation frameworks - and programming in JAVA.
- Assist with maintaining the test environment, including scheduling installation of software for testing as required.
- Participate, as required, in system/application reviews, requirements and design reviews, upgrade strategy sessions, program or process reviews, etc. and provide feedback and recommendations related to the software testing function and associated activities.
- Research, review, evaluate and provide recommendations regarding the implementation and use of tools, including automated testing tools/suites to be used to improve the quality of production applications.
- Develop automation test scripts using Open source tool (Selenium Web-Driver in Java)
- Develop automated test scripts
- Develop test frameworks
- Develop reusable test code
- Analyze business requirements
- Participate throughout the design and development process, analyzing features to point out weaknesses or inconsistencies
- Work closely with the client and development engineers to understand features and establish test strategies, design comprehensive test plans and robust test cases
- Set up test environments and repositories (Maven, Nexus, GIT, Jenkins and Baboo).
- Perform functional, exploratory, and acceptance testing
- Identify, diagnose, report, and assist developers in resolving defects and verifying bug fixes
- Develop manual test cases
- Maintain and update test management tools, including JIRA and Confluence
- Work in an Agile environment using Scrum and Kanban methodologies
- Identify testing infrastructure needs to for the testing team and software developers
Required Skills & Experience:
- Must have an active DHS BI/EOD - background investigation, or the ability to get one
- Must have JAVA programming experience
- Must have experience developing automated test scripts and working with one or more industry leading tools such as Selenium, HP UFT, Cucumber, etc.
- Ability to work independently in a fast-paced agile team environment, review business requirements and develop testing solutions
- Must have a familiarity with writing database scripts for back-end validation
- Understanding of software development techniques and methods (agile methodology)
- Excellent communication (verbal & written) and interpersonal skills
- Must have a minimum of 7 years of related experience with a Bachelors degree; 5 Years with Masters
TestPros offers competitive salary, medical/dental/vision insurance, life insurance, 3 weeks of paid vacation, 2 weeks of paid holidays, education/training and professional certifications, STD, LTD and supplemental term life insurance, 401(k) retirement plan with up to 4% company match and immediate vesting, opportunities for professional growth and much more! All benefits are per TestPros current policies and are subject to change without notice. Benefits are available to full-time employees only.